Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,605 Posts
Well, my sweet little Bugsie got her 15 seconds of fame on that CD (or whatever it is). She's featured not once, but twice, as The Knuckled Basset. ;)

[ July 10, 2004, 05:02 PM: Message edited by: Betsy Iole ]

· Registered
1,605 Posts
The judge's seminar says that the normal head carriage is with nose down, but I'd pay good money to see a conformation judge put up a basset that gaited with its nose to the ground. :mad:

· Registered
1,605 Posts
Totally agree, Dean. The next time a judge asks to have the dogs shown on a loose lead, I'll want to know whether he's seen the CD. Usually, judges want to know whether dogs on a loose lead will show themselves, but maybe a freshly educated judge will be looking to see whether those noses hit the ground like they're supposed to. :D

· Registered
1,605 Posts
I'm pretty sure I know who Vickie means; I've shown under him, and I've seen his name regularly in premium lists. And I definitely remember him insisting that the bassets be shown on a loose lead. My funniest memory of him was watching him lecturing a class in the ring about turning their armbands around so he could see them. As if we had all practiced, I and about 12 other people waiting ringside to exhibit our dogs, grabbed our armbands in unison and yanked them around so they could be better seen. We didn't want to get the same lecture when it was our turn. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.