Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm new here and I wanted to introduce you all to my Fiance and I's brand new Basset girl. Her name is Josie (we're both Steely Dan fans) and we adopted her last weekend. She was from a shelter, and she was there with a few of her brothers and sisters, but she was untaken. She was the smallest one, and the only one with her coloring. She was also the sweetest so we lucked out.

I am experienced with Bassets. My Dad and Step-Mom bought "Edward" back in 1996, and he was the coolest dog ever. Unfortunately his life was filled with helath problems and he only lived to be 9.

They also adopted "Bernie" as an elderly playmate for Edward. Bernie lived to be 18! But he died as well a few years back. He had bloat twice!

Now last year, my Dad adopted another 3 year old Basset. Her name is "Sadie" and she is the sweetest Basset.

So I know what it's like to know and love Bassets. All 3 of my Dad's were/are great dogs. Edward was a playful trouble maker. Bernie was like a loveable grumpy old man, and Sadie is the most affectionate dog I've ever met.

Hopefully my Josie will be any or all of these. She's already very playful, very sweet, and quite vocal.

Check out the photo galleries. I put one up of her. I'll update it as she grows.

Cheers!
:D

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
She's very cute. Love her coloring (and her feet!)
:)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Well welcome, she is very cute! Love her dark coloring, and her name, how cute!
Have fun with her, they grow so quickly... I remember when we brought ours home..... oh the memories!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts