Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Philly Dawg scroll down to see Jan. 11 story

Quote:
"The state Department of Agriculture revoked the kennel license belonging to Linda Brown, who operates Jolindy's Shepherds in Spring City, for repeated violations to the state dog law governing care of dogs in licensed kennels.
In its Nov. 19 order, the agency listed dozens of violations, including filthy kennels, contaminated food and water and dogs crammed in cages with less than six inches of headroom. Dog wardens reported seeing dead and dying rats on the property on several occasions and that it was so dark in some kennel areas they were unable to see the animals or their cages to conduct their inspections.
“ I’m leaving Pennsylvania as soon as possible. I’m done fighting. They wore me down.”
Brown says she has her property up for sale and plans to relocate to another state."

Anyone out there want her?

·
Registered
31 Posts
If her property does have violations why does she act like she is the victim? They claim to have pictures. These breeders who get caught like she did should be fined and/or closed down. Its disgraceful. She claims her troubles started when she sold a dog to Biden but she herself notes the purchase on her website. I wonder what the conditions were when he was there.

·
Registered
973 Posts
So she doesn't have enough money for proper care (and lighting it seems) yet she'll pay to relocate? That's not a small or cheap step for any business. These people clearly have their priorities way out of order, i.e. $$$$$$$$ is always #1.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Why weren't her dogs taken from her? They find all these problems and just leave them there?Most of her dogs were beautiful dogs(I'm sure they no longer looked like the photos) obviously no one who sold dogs to her knew of these horrid conditions or maybe they chose to ignore them.

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Why weren't her dogs taken from her? They find all these problems and just leave them there?
the PA dog law in regards to kennels wardens have no authority as it relates to humane and cruelity alligations., There is not charges of cruelity or neglect. Keep in mind that the regulation and standard require for commercial kennels in PA can not be met by most homeowners. if you note in thread below on PA dog law that one of the Experts consulted in devloping standard say while siting him 108 times does not agree with the standards and some are actual harmful.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts