Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just got some better news about Jeffrey! Our breeder has him at her vet, and they think he just has a bad case of hook worms, along with the rest of the litter (they're all anemic). They're giving him antibiotics and vitamin B12, and he's starting to eat yogurt and milk. They said that if he keeps progressing, he should get better in about two weeks.

I think there is a possibility of Jeffrey having some kind of blood disorder. Does anyone know what the possiblilties of that are?

My husband and I are really excited about Jeffrey's update, but we're trying not to get our hopes up too high. Just a question to throw out there: Does anyone think that this sickness would do anything to harm the development of a puppy? One of the vets said that not eating for 12 hours could be very detrimental to a puppy's health. We love Jeffrey and are hoping and praying for a fast recovery so that he can come home to be with us again. No one can love him as much as we do!

Thanks, everyone, for your support.

·
Registered
12,947 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
I do hope they're running further tests for the blood disorders, as Mike said, there are two that can be problematic for bassets. I'm not sure about the lack of nutrition for 12 hours doing significan damage, perhaps someone else can answer that for you.

And I do hope the breeders have learned from this. The puppies left the litter too soon, and they should have at least been wormed. Geesh!!!

I hope little Jeffrey continues to improve and is soon home driving you crazy with puppy antics!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts