Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys it Turkey Weekend in Canada :D This weekend is our :DCanadian Turkey Weekend aka THANKGIVING and I Princess Pais have a lot to be thankful for this year:
1. I have a nice loving home and I have 2 squares a day -- well sometimes more if I bat my old brownies enough
2. I have a great yard to play in even though the poodle next door thinks he should poop in it everyday!
3. I get to sleep in Mom and Dads bed and get the warm spot when one of them gets up.
4. I am healthyand lost 2 1/2 lbs !
5. Cairo the Cat and I get along -- well in fact he is my cat.
6. Mom and Dad retired so they can spend their days devoted to me.
7. I found this forum and made LOTS and LOTS of BASSET FRIENDS!!!!!

Hope all you Canadian Bassets have a great weekend with your families, eat a lot of Turkey and Pumpkin Pie and give thanks for all that we have as well loved Houndies!!!
GOBBLE GOBBLE Paisley

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OOPS I forgot someone -- I am thankful I have WWORRMMIE as my one true love -- it just goes to show ya -- ya can have a loooog distance relationship ---- one day we will meet --- maybe at the honeymooooon capital of the world -- Niagara Falls --- okey maybe not but a girl can dream ----- mmmm WWormmie!

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Watch out Paisley...you know what can happen with those internet romances. Worm is probably ok....but then, give a guy the internet and you never know....

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I'm thankful I'm not having 28 people for dinner this year like I did last year. We're going out to eat/work at a homeless shelter. Gandy will have to rely on a doggie bag.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
OOPS I forgot someone -- I am thankful I have WWORRMMIE as my one true love -- it just goes to show ya -- ya can have a loooog distance relationship ---- one day we will meet --- maybe at the honeymooooon capital of the world -- Niagara Falls --- okey maybe not but a girl can dream ----- mmmm WWormmie!
Paisley, you are so cute, that's why I love yer :wub:

Melikes this forum too! without yer post, I woulda never known that Turkey Day comes a lot earlier in Canada-- who knew??? not me. but wow, that is amazing, and hafta admit, I'm kinda envious. wish I could be having a Turkey Feast too. i remember that from last year, and there was lotsa yum turkey & veggies and stuff to eats. I was a skinny thing at that time, just ribs, so me got lotsa turkey. I been gaining weight recently 'cause i been getting lotsa table scraps and stuff.

That's a great list to be thankful for. Me too, has lots to be thankful for, including being healthy & having nice place to live & stuff. Me not thankful for the moths, tho, but I will put in a different post.

I am very thankful for u, too, Paisley!! such a fun gal to be with, and a terrific sense of humor. and meeting all my basset palz here. Hmmm, Niagara Falls, that sounds sooo nice-- I'll start working on my person now, maybe she will take me there someday to meet ya.....

Eat lotsa turkey & everything, but not so much ya get a swelly belly (like i did), cause then it kinda hurts for a day or two...!
--yours truly, Worm :cool:

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HAPPY TURKEY DAY!!! and a special howlo to Catherine and Gandy -- what a WONDERFUL thing to do -- you are on our thankful list this year for sure -- we are thankful for people like you who share!!! Thank you!
Well the big day is here and although we don't celebrate like Catherine and Gandy do Mom says that while our company is not homeless they are family-less for today. We have a very small family and the ones that we do have are spread far and wide (mostly thru the US) so on this day we invite humin sisters friends that work here but whose families are too far away for them to travel to be with. Its the best of two worlds -- we get a big family for a day and they get to have family to eat dinner with!!!! Yay I love them!!!! All the peoples are gone to Killarney (a big Provincial Park with Blue Mountains) to hike but mom said Dad and I had to stay home and do the chores!!!! Dads chore was to keep me OUTA THE KITCHEN!!!! I don't mind coz I know there will be yummy food later on -- they can't resist my batting brownies!!!
Hey another thing to be happy about -- its HOT out!!!!! We're breaking weather records!!!! Sunbathing on the deck!!!!
Wworrmie thanks for the good wishes -- yep someday we'll be together (hey theres a song like that!) Sorry about the moths don't know what to tell ya about them. Maybe do like Mikey said -- put yer toys in the freezer -- freeze them out -- thats what happens to all the bugs here outside in the winter!!!
Gotta go -- I smell lunch
Gobble Gobble Pais

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
What we normally do is invite people for holiday dinners that don't have anyplace else to go. Some are of the widow/widower variety, but most are mentally ill. My husband has schizophrenia, and has lots of friends who don't have family or are alienated from them. Some don't come, but love to be invited. Some come but refuse to eat for fear I have poisoned the turkey. I never know how many, or how long they will stay, or how early they will show up. We just decided to take a break this year because we've been out of town so much the last few weeks that he thought I might need a rest on a holiday for a change. I'm very far from home, and my husband doesn't get along with his sister that lives a town over, and we only have the four-legged variety of children, so we make our own family basically.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts