Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After all Spencer's medical concerns recently, I was hoping for a lull in the action for at least until next month when he has to go in for another blood test. Then, last night I noticed a cyst on his back had ruptured. I dreaded taking him to the vet, after what he has been through & since he is so scared to go there. I called and talked to the vet this morning & he agreed a visit for this was not worth the trauma Spencer would experience. So, I am cleaning the wound & applying antibiotic ointment twice a day. Spencer is thankful for not having to go to the vet, & is resting comfortably
(in my bed :rolleyes: ) now:

And here he is stretching, after the flash woke him up: "I there something you want woman??"

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
I usually take care of ruptured cysts at home, too. Just stay on top of it. :) If it looks like it's getting worse (infected), then a quick vet visit for antibiotics might be in order. Wishing you and Spencer the best. :)

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Poor Spencer! Does he look adorable in your bed or what! I just love the second photo! :lol: I love the Scooby blanket too!
Yogi had a cyst rupture on his back a few months ago. I tried to treat it at home by cleaning it out and putting antibiotic ointment on it and I actually thought it was looking good but it ended up filling up a few times and changed color too! I did end up taking him in to the vet where he was put on antibiotics for it and after several weeks it finally did clear up. The good news is that I got to talk to a vet who really explained everything to me so if it happens again I won't be so freaked out next time.
Hope Spencer feels better soon.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I just treated a ruptured cyst on Stickers ear last week. It was a fatty one that's been there for awhile. While playing with Wilson it broke. I called the Vet and the tech said to use the sterile wash I already have and some antibiotic cream which I have. Now, it's healing great.

Wishing Spencer a speedy recovery and hoping that most handsome guy is feeling better soon!!!

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Spencer, just pull the covers up and stay where you are- that bed looks like the perfect hangout while your cyst heals!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts