Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been so cold here; it's been in the single digits and with the wind chill factor it's well below zero. The hounds don't stay outside very long but they love sitting on the bed watching the kids next door build a snowboard ramp.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
It's freezing here too-

Murray loves it- keeps asking to go out so he can run around in the backyard and scatter the starlings that keep lighting on the lawn.

Minna hates it- her short dachshund fur doesn't give her much protection, so she has to wear a sweater to go out for potty. She runs down the back steps, does her business, then comes inside and sits in front of me asking for a treat- I guess she thinks she deserves a reward for hardship duty in the cold!

I love the picture of your dogs at the window- it looks like a perfect place for dogs to watch the world go by-

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Frigid here in South Dakota, also!! Dear hubby took Bogie Carter for a walk this morning, and it was 7 degrees with four inches of snow on the ground and more falling. Bogie was loving the fresh new snow, just bouncing!!

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
It's been in the singe digits here too, and I live in Kentucky! We're not used to this. My boys won't go out much, unless I'm outside doing chores, and then they'll stand outside and bark at me until I'm done. Even though they're shivering and their tails are tucked tight between their legs, they refuse to go inside until I do. I guess that's love.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Winter's the pits as far as Franny and I are concerned. The ice and snowbanks make it difficult for Fran to run around as he likes (crashes into the snowbanks!!) but that means that His Majesty has a lot of energy he's not spending so lately it's been all tug o' war all the time. He's wearing me out.

·
Registered
511 Posts
wow. From behind that looks EXACTLY like Bo and Moose...[/b]

It's funny how so many of us have similar pairs of hounds. Change a few markings, and they look like my pair from behind too.

The only difference would be that my two would be on the other side of the window. The other night, Dozer was cruising around the backyard. He was out there for about 15 minutes, and it was 12 below at the time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts