Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when I read that bassets were stubborn when it comes to housebreaking.....they weren't kidding!!! Charlie's first week went absolutely perfect, not a single accident in the house....but as time goes on it seems like they are becoming more frequent. He doesn't even give a warn...and if I catch him in the act and go to grab him and take him out the door he just continues to pee mid-air :shock: On top of that, he's become lazy, he won't even go to the grass to pee now, he'll just go right on the doorstep the second we go outside. So now I have to carry him to the grass. I don't mean to be a whiner, but this is slightly frustrating. He gets food and water on a schedule, we take him outside 30 minutes after food or water, right after he wakes up from naps, every 20 minutes or so during playtime, but he still goes in the house. ::Vent session over::

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for all the advice, I'm definately going to put some of it to use. We have been treating him for peeing outside but I got lazy on my part and only do it when I think to grab a treat, but I guess I need to get more consistant with that. I bought a package of jingle bells to hang by the door but keep forgetting to hang the darn things (guess I should go do that now).

When he goes in the house I let out a shout "wrong", grab him up and run for the door, then treat him if he pees outside. Am I doing anything wrong with that? .... just please don't tell me to rub his nose in it...I've had people tell me I should but I just think that's wrong and WON'T do it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.