Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
217 Posts
I understand your woes completely...Jackie did the same thing, it was like as soon as she figured out that we are keeping her forever, the words "go outside" don't exist any more.

We started puppy class at petsmart today and our trainer suggested the exact same things as Terry. Treat treat treat and pretty much act like a crazy beauty queen who as just been crowned Miss America at the sight of some pee-pee!!! :roll:

· Registered
217 Posts
Well according to the pet trainer, the best punishment for bad behavior is ignoring the dog. If Charlie goes inside and you catch him then just place him outside and TREAT if he goes. If you don't catch him in the act then don't punish him because he won't know why.

I would never use a newspaper...eventually Charlie will understand that when he goes outside he gets SOMETHING, where as when he goes inside, he gets NOTHING and he will want to go outside. The hard part is figuring out "how" he is telling you that he needs to go outside. I still don't know when Jackie is telling me but I guess it will get better as she gets older.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.