Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and Spencer has his blankie ready! :)

·
Registered
511 Posts
I know what you mean, it's hard getting them out of a warm bed in the morning. The other day I had 34 degrees in the early morning, and they did not want to get out of bed.

They're forecasting 8" to 12" of snow up in the mountains, but it may be a few weeks before we get any down here. One of these mornings, I'll wake up to snowy wet dogs jumping on the bed. I'm not looking forward to that.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Amy, I had a friend from Cincinnati visit me this summer. It was in the 70s-80s, but she froze! We have a much drier heat here. She brought two winter jackets with her. She must have thought Canada was a cold country, or something! :D

It is...

Sandy

·
Registered
782 Posts
It's interesting. Lately Francis has been digging the blankets up into a big pile and then he crawls underneath that pile to sleep. He's 7 1/2 years old so I figure he just likes to be a little warmer these nights but it's still a new development.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Tally is a burrower. She's always got to be under something - blankets, pillows, or even laundry. :huh: Moe doesn't care for coverings. He is, however, very happy to bake in front of the woodstove when the weather turns cold. B)

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, Booya, that is Scooby on the towel. We got it free a year or so ago with UPCs from Scooby Snacks! It's a perfect size for a Basset!

Sandy, we Cincinnatians are weird about weather! ;) But then again, the weather is weird here. I've seen it swing 20-30 degrees within a day, especially when the seasons are changing. You don't know what to wear & some days, have to change! There's a saying - If you don't like the weather in Cincinnati, just wait a few minutes, it will change. And 70s-80s in Cincinnati would still be very warm to us. It's very humid here in the summer.

Spencer definitely loves his blankies, and he loves to lay in front of the heat registers in the winter. He likes being a "hot dog." ;)

Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Jackie is always a "hot dog" as well, she absolutely loves being a snuggle-bunny under the covers with me on the couch. I'm suprised she doesn't get hot because she is hot to the touch...but I read that a dog's natural temperature is higher than ours so maybe thats why she always feels hot to me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts