Basset Hounds Forum banner

It's been snowing for days......

5K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  Terry 
#1 ·
.....but when a lady has to go, she just has to.

Emma soon came to a holt:

Even with Doris to push, she couldn't proceed:

No I've had enough of this, I go back!

See less See more
#3 ·
Awwww, snowy girls!! Lucille loves the snow until it gets higher than she, and she has to swim in it. Then it loses its charm. Agnes, however, could care less. She prefers a swept and sanded sidewalk to snow any day.

G
#4 ·
When it snows here I have to shovel out a couple of "poopie paths" for Francis. He HATES the snow! I always feel like I'm punishing him when we go out to do his business.
Once they get a little used up I have to do more paths and eventually my backyard looks like a maze.

#5 ·
We really haven't had much snow here, which is unusual, but we have been known to shovel paths too.
One year we had our son's German Shepherd here, and he and Duke went out after a snowfall like this. They both stood and looked at the mountains of snow before them, then Creedence, the Sheherd, promptly lifted his leg and peed right on Duke! And the funny thing is, Duke didn't mind at all! guess it was warm at least... :D

These are such cute pictures, Steinar, as usual.

Sandy

G
#9 ·
Raymond and Fredder love the snow. Although, when it gets TOO deep, Raymond gets a little picky about dragging his...er...hoo hoo through the snow. Fredder just bounces around like a rabbit until she finds a place that isn't so deep. Raymond, on the other hand, is the original basset snow plow. We shovel potty trails here and there, when it gets really deep!

The girls are showing how smart they are, Steinar! They are lovely, as always!

#11 ·
Sadie & Spencer enjoy the snow, but have a hard time in it when it is deep, just like Emma & Doris! We only had one small snow so far this winter. It's been very mild in Cincinnati recently, in the 50s & even 60 a couple days! It's kinda weird. I almost want to say OK, it IS winter, bring on the snow!

#13 ·
Lea LOVES the snow I can't get her to come in! I don't really mind though because there is enough snow so she can run loose for a change poor pup. Come summer she's going to have to be tied up again because she sneaks under the fence. *sigh*

In the meantime she races like a bunny rabbit, grabs Kit's ball and bounces it all over until he notices it's missing and takes off after her hehehe... she's a nut!

Lou

#16 ·
Snow is so beautiful when it's coming down. I do like a big storm! I know it's not going to snow this year - because we bought a big snow-blower in October! :(

When it snows we have to shovel paths for Moe and Tally to get around - several potty paths, three paths through the woods almost to the street so they can bark at people, two to the bird feeders so I can fill them and Moe and Tally can bark at sqirrels and steal the bird bread, and one around the porch so Tally can pee without without getting wet (she pees under the porch when it rains or snows). Tally uses only the paths but Moe likes to 'snowplow' and make trails of his own. He also 'bounds' through the snow (hopping and leaping none too gracefully :D ). Moe becomes puppy-like when it snows and he has himself a merry old time... he's a joy to watch. There is nothing outside that does not make him happy. In fact there is nothing inside that does not make him happy - he's just a happy sort of guy. :D

Terry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.