Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Henry. Or HennyBear.

I am not a bad dog. I may have caused a panic by going missing, but that's only because I couldn't hold a pen to write a note to say where I was going. Any tales of misbehaviour and wildness are over-exagerrated. Look. I'm sitting here being good, and there's not even a treat in sight. Whatever my slave tells you, it's ALL LIES. Look at me. How could anyone say I'm misbehaved? Tsk.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Henry is ADORABLE......I was reading the thread where you lost him temporarily......so glad you got him back. :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
Oh Henry,

That look does not fool me. Almost, but not quite. I can see the look of an adventurer in your precious eyes. Thank God you were found.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The look suggests to me that he was more put out the the girls who found him called the Sanctuary to say they'd found "a sort-of beagle dog"....

Bassets are so rare in this area that everyone round here calls my boys "sausage dogs".

·
Registered
127 Posts
What a beautiful HennyBear!! I would have been beside myself with worry if I had misplaced such a beautiful guy!! Glad he's home and has blocked out all the bad memories.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Oh, I've seen that look before from Lucy..."What? Me? You've got the wrong dog, man!" B)

Very handsome boy! :D

·
Registered
284 Posts
I believe you Henry - millions wouldnt...

he is SOOO lovely! his droppy eyes make him look really tired. We get that look every single day. this morning snoops thought about steeling one of my trainers and running outside but when she looked out it was raining so dropped the trainer and walked back to her bed under the stairs! she then thought, i know, i'll try and steel some loo role from the downstairs toilet but again i caught her 'in the act'! i really should carry my camera around with me cos when something funny happens i never seem to have the camera to hand (sigh).

Snoops get's called a Sausage dog almost every single day in our area too! It happens so much that i dont even correct people anymore. My boyfriend gets SO annoyed when people call her a sausage dog he seems to take it as a huge insult.

Has Henry been on a walk off the lead since Kezzy?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What a beautiful HennyBear!! I would have been beside myself with worry if I had misplaced such a beautiful guy!! Glad he's home and has blocked out all the bad memories.
[/b]
There are conflicting versions of the story from Saturday.

Mine: Sister returns, minus hound. Search for hours, in the mud and rain, shouting and whistling. Call police, call the sanctuary, prepare "MISSING" posters. Sob, panic, wail & fret.

His: smelled squirrels, got distracted, smelled rabbits. followed scent. went to play on a farm with horses and dogs, had a great time, was given treats, got a ride in the car home and lots of hugs from my slaves.

I believe you Henry - millions wouldnt...

he is SOOO lovely! his droppy eyes make him look really tired. We get that look every single day. this morning snoops thought about steeling one of my trainers and running outside but when she looked out it was raining so dropped the trainer and walked back to her bed under the stairs! she then thought, i know, i'll try and steel some loo role from the downstairs toilet but again i caught her 'in the act'! i really should carry my camera around with me cos when something funny happens i never seem to have the camera to hand (sigh).

Snoops get's called a Sausage dog almost every single day in our area too! It happens so much that i dont even correct people anymore. My boyfriend gets SO annoyed when people call her a sausage dog he seems to take it as a huge insult.

Has Henry been on a walk off the lead since Kezzy?
[/b]
Gosh.... they're a thieving lot aren't they.... my poor cat keeps trying to get in his bed, only to find the hounds have stolen it.

No.. Henry has been firmly kept on his leash. I just couldnt take the thought of losing him again. I'd have thought that Snoops would be the one to go missing - he's the one that switches his hearing off.

My favourite comment on Snoopy was a young boy who looked at him and said "WOAH.... That's dog's like a stretch limosine!"

·
Registered
284 Posts
yeah ive had a comment saying that she looks like she's eaten lots of spaghetti - we've not had the limo one yet!

getting a basset was the best thing we've ever done! she brings us such love, happiness and laughter every single day

·
Registered
813 Posts
Henry, Henry ... that innocent look will not fool anyone who's spent more than a day around a basset. We KNOW your tricks. :D You wanted to take an unsupervised stroll, didn't you? Scaring your family like that. Tsk.

I haven't heard the "sausage" comment yet, but everyone thinks George is ... get THIS ... a dachsund!!!! I don't know how many kids have walked up and said "Is that a weiner dog?" NO. I say "he's a basset hound." They say, "is that like a beagle?" NO. :blink: Then I try, "You know, like the Hush Puppy dog." Blank looks. "The dog in 'Dukes of Hazzard'?" More blank looks. "The dog Lynette gave her kids in 'Desperate Housewives.'" Huh-uh. When I was a kid all my cultural references came from TV. :lol: Apparently children don't watch enough TV ...

·
Registered
119 Posts
why oh why do some people tell lies about you anyone can see you are innocent of any charges and I'm begining to wonder if they tried to lose you on purpose because they couldn't compete with your obvious beauty.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Oh HennyBear, we know you didn't do all that stuff. Anyone can look into your innocent eyes and tell that you speak the truth! :rolleyes:

Glad you found your way home. The world is too mean a place for a darling boy like you. :)

·
Registered
932 Posts
Monty's Mom, I love your avatar. Can we see it bigger? It's adorable.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts