Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Since it's 2 years since Soffi and I lost the battle, a battle that had been going on for over 8 months, I'll post this in memory of her. Her kidneys couldn't do the work anymore, and she was put to sleep a very sad day, February the 20th 2004.

Sometimes I and some other members refer to her, so I just want to present her for those new here.

She's Doris sister and was born at White Dynamit's breeder 24th June 1998. She was bought by a Norwegian breeder, with the purpose to be mother of many champion puppies.
Her ancestors can be tracked back to the very first bassets; Fino de Paris and Ravaude I. Soffi's pedigree.

Soffi very fast became champion in both Norway and Sweden, this is when she became Swedish champion:

Here's from Show of Winners:

She was used as a banner for the breeder who bought her, Skin Deep:

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
She was used in many cases, this photo is in a book about bassets:

This poster was in every fishing/hunting store in Trondheim, making PR for the hunting club:

She's also been painted several times:

Here's the same picture is used on a keytag:

·
Registered
905 Posts
How beautiful Soffi was. I knew nothing about her past. She was obviously well known in Norway. Just beautiful pics of her. :)

M

·
0 Posts
Steinar:

Soffi was indeed a beautiful girl. I'm sure you miss her. It seems even if she was only on this earth a short time her life was filled with so much love. Thank you for sharing her with us.

A

·
0 Posts
Dearest, darling Soffi. What a lovely girl she was! How lucky both you and she were to have one another, Steinar!

Kisses to Emma and Doris from me!

O

·
0 Posts
Wow! She was so famous! You must be so proud! She watches over all houndies from the beyond the Bridge.

A

·
0 Posts
What a beautiful tribute. What does the poster say? I am sure you miss her a lot. yvonne

A

·
0 Posts
Your girls have always brought me such joy. I forward their pictures to my mother as well. Thank you for sharing your memories of Soffi.
Jennifer

·
Registered
198 Posts
Soffi has one of the most beautiful expressive faces I've ever seen. I can only imagine how much you must miss her. You know, the stars that shine the brightest burn the shortest. I'll be thinking of you on this very sad day.

Melynda

A

·
0 Posts
Steinar: So sorry that U lost such a beautiful houndy. I wasn't on this board then. That had to be a very hard 8 months! A candle for Soffi. Happy to be a slave for Tummy Boy.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Steinar - Through your pictures, I think all of us on the board felt like we knew Soffi & Emma as if they were our own. I know we felt for you and Emma on your loss, and shared the joy when you were "adopted" by Doris. Now, through your pictures, a whole new generation of board members can get to know Soffi! Thanks for sharing your memories of her with us.

·
Registered
181 Posts
What a great picture tribute. I had already left the board a couple of years a ago before coming back to it now so I missed her battle also. She was a wonderful looking girl.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Oh boy....she was a celebrity!!! I love the second painting!!! If I could find it in the store, I'll definately buy it (after checking my wallet, of course!).

For me, no matter for how long your four legged best friends have passed away, you can never forget them. The memory still around, the emotion, the happiness, the sadness. They are a true treasure!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts