Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, formerly "The Copper Top"
We've had Copper about 3 months now, and all of a sudden copper has become increasingly itchy, his skin has become somewhat flaky on his lower back and above the tale, hair has thinned a bit, smell has increased. We are feeding the same Blue Buffalo food (switched from chicken to lamb flavor) have introduced some canned of the same brand. I brush him daily with a curry and/or grooming glove to deal with shedding. The only thing I didn't know about when I adopted him wash his bathing/grooming schedule. So I have been bathing him every two weeks. I have since learned from reading other posts that that is most likely way too frequent. Will this correct its self by reducing his baths? Is there anything that I can do to help besides slacking off a bit? How long will this take to get better? :oops:

Thank You for your help.
christa

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
There was a thread posted on Nov.6, 2004 called "He Stinks"- Mikey T responded with some links on the subject of sebborhea. It sounds like something you might want to look at and discuss with your vet- I don't know how to post the link here, but if you go into search, you can get to it with that date and topic name-

OK, edited to say I figured out how to post the link:

http://basset.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=12...light=sebborhea

·
Registered
775 Posts
My Copper had this same thing once in the same place. The vet gave him some antibotics and medicated shampoo and it cleared right up. That was about 6 months ago and he hasn't had any problem since. Good luck!

Karen

1 - 3 of 3 Posts