Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Minus has been walking a little funny the past couple weeks and seems to be tripping an aweful lot. Could it be the lanolium floors, I mean I notice it more at those times. Though he does have a bad habit of jumping up on the couch :( Anyway I was just wondering if I should be concerned? We do have to take him to the vet tomorrow to have his "fixed" stiches out so I think I will ask the vet if she can watch him walk, but I guess that's another thing, she has like a cement floor, which he slips on too. I guess it just seems like he has been slower lately, like the past 2 or so weeks

Thanks guys !

Jenn

·
Registered
813 Posts
George stumbles, too. I worried about it at first, but I read on this board that other people's bassets do it, too, and they assured me that it's usually nothing to worry about. Since you're going to the vet anyway, go ahead and ask -- it will make you feel better and alert the vet in case something IS wrong, but I'll bet it's nothing.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I notice Oliver stumbles sometimes when it is time for his nails to be trimmed. Other times because he is trying to move faster than his body can keep up with and slips on the laminate and tiles.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I also noticed last night that he doesn't like coming off things, like a step, he takes his time... I am going to definitely have the vet take a look at him, I mean he may still be sore from getting fixed last week too :wink:

I will let you know !!

Thanks all

jenn :wink:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok something has to be wrong, I took Minus out at about 9:30 to go pee, and he did... then we had to leave for me to come to work and when he started walking he kinda fell and yelped :cry: My fiance is taking him this afternoon, also in the car, this was like 20mins after he peed, in the car.

So far my day hasn't been going well and I hope nothing serious is wrong with him :cry:

Jenn

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:cry:

I don't know what happend, but Minus has a neck ingury ! I haven't been able to talk to my fiance completely about what the vet said or how they came to this conclusion, but they gave him steroids and he has to stay in his cage for the next 3 weeks, at least, until it is healed :(

Jenn

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
I'm sorry to hear this, but Doris had a serious back problem last
Easter, and she's been absolutely fine again after some months.
Keep your spirit up!

Drool and prayers for Minus!

C

·
0 Posts
So sorry to hear that Minus is having these troubles. We hope he is feeling better soon. Did the Vet offer any help on how such an injury could have occured?
Poor Minus... we are sending him big slobbery kisses for him to get well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts