Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 14 month old female tri. She had put on a little too much weight this past winter. I put her on a diet and she is slowly getting where she should be. Anyhow this is my question. She has what looks like two pieces of fatty tissue hanging down near her rear nipples. Is this normal on a over wieight basset or is this maybe a growth that needs checked out? It doesn't feel hard. It just feels like fat. If it is normal will it go away on its own. I don't know many vets that do tummy tucks. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
She has what looks like two pieces of fatty tissue hanging down near her rear nipples. Is this normal on a over wieight basset or is this maybe a growth that needs checked out? It doesn't feel hard. It just feels like fat. If it is normal will it go away on its own. I don't know many vets that do tummy tucks. :rolleyes:[/b]
Bassets' excess skin sometimes drapes down around the mammary glands ("skirts") when they're standing. Another possibility is mammary gland enlargement due to false pregnancy. If neither of these seems likely, then it wouldn't be a bad idea to have your vet check it out during your next visit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts