Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 1.5 year old basset's fur is thinning on her neck, and she has a bald spot on the front of her neck that looks a bit raw. She also had diarrhea today while we were at work and her ear hair is thinning. She also scratches alot. We are going to take her in to the vet tomorrow but do any of you have any ideas what it migh be? She did have some thinning hair when we got her but were reassured it was because she had puppes not to long ago.

:(:confused:

·
Registered
878 Posts
I don't know how severe it is but Mikey will possibly be able to help you, especially if you can post a picture of poor Lexi!

I wonder if it could be a type of 'mange' as it sounds like dogs lose hair and feel itchy! Your vet is the best one to ask!

Sarcoptic Mange

·
Registered
12,960 Posts
hai rloss or thinning can be from many cause as easily fixed as more fat in the diet to hypothyroidism and allergies. It could be simply part of seasonal shedding. It is a common symptom for many conditions and well worth having a vet check her out.

·
Registered
186 Posts
i took my lab x to the vet for this last weekend. after about 1,000 skin scrapings they couldn't find anything so we have him on some pills for allergies. seems to be helping, he is scratching a lot less. i have to take him back next week to discuss a diet plan and such.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts