Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"BTW, I think we should have a forum called "Is it weird that my basset..." It would get lots of posts. :p"

Okay, i'll start.......Is it weird that my basset loves drinking warm water from the bathtub? As soon as Flash hears the water start, he comes running and when the water is at a high enough level for him, he'll just lap it up for like two minutes straight. He has plenty of fresh cool water in the kitchen but loves the warm bath water for some strange reason.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Isn't it weird that Woofus is the most hyper basset on the planet?? He runs at doggie park for 2 hrs a day, and leaves with energy. Ummmm, I got a basset right :D Also Woofus only likes terrorizing dogs about 80 lbs or bigger....maybe he's a German sheppard in basset clothing :eek:

·
Registered
878 Posts
Isn't it weird that my Bassets... prefer to drink from the watering can in the porch, rather than from their ceramic bowl in the kitchen.... even when it's freezing cold outside!

All of our Bassets, past and present have always done this, so even though I use the garden hose to water my plants, for the 20 years we've been at this house, with Bassets of varying ages, we always keep the watering can filled for them as well as fresh water indoors as well. :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Our bassets over the years usually want to drink from anything that has water in it that is near where we are .Tub or even a glass of tea! maybe it is the nearness to you!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Is it werid that my basset hound like to rub her butt up and down on the bush in the front yard and if she is in the back yard she rubs her butt up and down and the fence!!

She enjoys doing this.. The bush in the front yard is in the shape of her butt now!! LOL!!

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Is it weird that Moe likes to arch his back under things... like my legs when my feet are on the coffee table, low tables, and low bushes out in the yard? What's up with that?

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Is it weird that... Boomer likes to chew on bones and other messy treats on my lap, but not with anything else?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Is it weird that my basset Ella likes to poke her head in the shower and try to lick the soap off my leg, and then when I put lotion on after the shower she tries to lick to the lotion off my legs too :rolleyes:

·
Registered
878 Posts
Isn't it weird that from being very young, my two Bassets always stand in exactly the same order for every single meal time... no matter how many times I try and confuse them by walking around the kitchen table or turning around in circles a few times before putting their dishes on the floor, Lucie always makes sure that she stands on my right as I face them. I feed my Cocker Spaniel in the hall because he eats his much more slowly than the Bassets, who then go after his food and he's daft enough to let them eat it!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Is it weird that my basset Ella likes to poke her head in the shower and try to lick the soap off my leg, and then when I put lotion on after the shower she tries to lick to the lotion off my legs too :rolleyes:
LOL, Boomer does that to me, too.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Is it wierd that Cannoli pretty much ignores things like cats and rabbits on our walks but tries to chase birds? Silly dog, the cats and rabbits seem like a much more likely opportunity!

·
Registered
972 Posts
"BTW, I think we should have a forum called "Is it weird that my basset..." It would get lots of posts. :p"

Okay, i'll start.......Is it weird that my basset loves drinking warm water from the bathtub? As soon as Flash hears the water start, he comes running and when the water is at a high enough level for him, he'll just lap it up for like two minutes straight. He has plenty of fresh cool water in the kitchen but loves the warm bath water for some strange reason.
lol that's not weird it's cute! but maybe he has hot/cold sensitive teeth! lol

·
Registered
972 Posts
Isn't it weird that my Bassets... prefer to drink from the watering can in the porch, rather than from their ceramic bowl in the kitchen.... even when it's freezing cold outside!

All of our Bassets, past and present have always done this, so even though I use the garden hose to water my plants, for the 20 years we've been at this house, with Bassets of varying ages, we always keep the watering can filled for them as well as fresh water indoors as well. :D
lol maybe your watering can tastes like something. Something bassets can't resist!

·
Registered
972 Posts
Is it werid that my basset hound like to rub her butt up and down on the bush in the front yard and if she is in the back yard she rubs her butt up and down and the fence!!

She enjoys doing this.. The bush in the front yard is in the shape of her butt now!! LOL!!
Hey she's a long dog and it's hard to reach! Perfect buttscratcher! LOL maybe she gets "stuff" stuck on her butt LOL

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Is it weird that my basset LOVES apples, and during the summer goes apple hunting every night after dinner? I have apple trees in my back yard, so he goes out after dinner and picks an apple that has fallen, trots back into the house, presents it to me for inspection, barks at me and it for a minute or so while I loudly admire his apple, lays down and holds it in his mouth for another few minutes, then finally eats it? Sometimes he'll repeat this three or four times a night. I love it.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hey she's a long dog and it's hard to reach! Perfect buttscratcher! LOL maybe she gets "stuff" stuck on her butt LOL
It is the perfect buttscratcher, she also using our coffee table too. She put her front paws on couch and rubs up and down on coffee table scratching, we think she is stuck between table and couch at first but we figured out what she is doing.

·
Registered
774 Posts

LOL, among our many nic-names for Cannoli is "long dog". My boyfriend comes home in the afternoon and greets her "Well hello long dog!"

1 - 20 of 53 Posts