Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm asking for someone in another country (Mexico) where the vet care isn't great. She's already lost one pup because another vet in Mexico gave the wrong medicine, and she's scared it's happening again.

Her pup got rabies and booster vaccinations yesterday and was fine when she went to bed. Now, the pup won't let her touch her, squeals in pain and is curled up on the sofa under a blanket.

Is this common? I've never seen it, but has anyone else had this kind of reaction after shots?

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
I'm not a vet as you know, but if Murray reacted that way I'd be concerned.

I dread vaccination time- Murray's had weird reactions to vaccinations so we titre now, but we can't avoid the rabies vaccination since it's required by law, and when he needs one I'm always nervous.

Please let us know what happens-

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Argh. I was hoping it was just too many vacs at once or something. I'm not sure there's anything she can do, given how lousy the vets there are.

Thanks, murraysmom.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Argh. I was hoping it was just too many vacs at once or something. I'm not sure there's anything she can do, given how lousy the vets there are.

Thanks, murraysmom.

/quote]

That might be the case, so hopefully he'll be ok- maybe Betsy has some thoughts on this?

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's alright - a doctor friend (who happens to be Mexican, so understands the dilemma) has stepped in and told her what she thinks is happening and what she can do. Fingers crossed, it'll be alright.

And to think, I've been having fantasies about moving there ... not so sure now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts