Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in the fall, Oscar developed a hot spot on his side. We took him to the vet, who gave him a shot and gave us some medicine to use to treat it. That hot spot was kind of an oozing sore--very nasty looking. Now he has a round bald spot on his head behind his left ear. Could this be another hot spot? It doesn't look like the first one did. It could be some other kind of allergic reaction.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Shyla had this a few months ago, one spot on her back and one on the back of her neck with no hair. The vet gave her a shot and some kind of cream that did nothing. I bought some stuff from the grocery store for hot :D spots on dogs and it cleared it right up. Oh, it was called Sulfadene. It was fantastic. Of course, her hair grew back in white where it had been black but at least it grew back in! LOL

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
One afternoon, I walked in the house to find all the fur on Biscuit's nose gone. :confused: I'd only been out a few moments, so he was still bleeding a bit, but not much.

For the life of me, I never did figure out what happened.

In any case, his nose was bald for a week or so, just like what you're describing, but the fur all grew back and everything was fine.

Maybe Oscar suffered a similar kind of injury. ?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We talked to my sister-in-law, the vet, and she told us to watch it for a little while. It could be something that will clear up on its own, it could be an allergy, or it could be the result of an ear infection (if he has been scratching at his ear). She said it was likely to clear up on its own, but if it doesn't, off to the vet we go.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just to update, whatever it was cleared up on its own. I'm sure Oscar would be relieved if he knew how close he had come to a visit to the vet! ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts