Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love him regardless; husband and I got him as a rehome situation at 14 weeks. We were told he’s full basset. I just think he looks a smidge tall, and the shape of his ears is a bit off? I know that his breeding is probably not the best. The previous owner wouldn’t give me any history. It’s just been a spark of debate for us. He’s 8 months old, 53pounds

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
He looks purebred, just not, forgive me, top quality. The one thing I really don't like is that hooked (tea-pot) tail! But unfortunately this can appear in some hounds. Being critical (again!) his ears are set on rather high. And some Bassets do have longer legs, than others. But well done for rescuing him - he seems to have landed on his feet with you. Breeding Bassets to conform to the Breed Standard can be quite a challenge. :)

·
Registered
129 Posts
I love him regardless; husband and I got him as a rehome situation at 14 weeks. We were told he’s full basset. I just think he looks a smidge tall, and the shape of his ears is a bit off? I know that his breeding is probably not the best. The previous owner wouldn’t give me any history. It’s just been a spark of debate for us. He’s 8 months old, 53pounds View attachment 29088 View attachment 29089 View attachment 29090
Looks a lot like our Dory (formerly Bella who was owner surrendered). We doubted she was “pure” and didn’t care. However a Xmas gift dna test proved us wrong. She is the light of our lives.

·
Registered
11 Posts
One of the Bassets I fostered and adopted (foster failure here) was Murphy, an owner turn in. Murphy had long legs and high set ears. His AKC papers came with him as full Basset. My guess was the original owners bought him in a pet shop who, as you know, get their puppies from puppy mills, regardless of the fact that they deny it. But he was one of the most lovable, silly, athletic Bassets I've owned. I still miss him. I think your Basset boy is beautiful. Just keep loving him, whatever he is 💖

·
Registered
1 Posts
I love him regardless; husband and I got him as a rehome situation at 14 weeks. We were told he’s full basset. I just think he looks a smidge tall, and the shape of his ears is a bit off? I know that his breeding is probably not the best. The previous owner wouldn’t give me any history. It’s just been a spark of debate for us. He’s 8 months old, 53pounds View attachment 29088 View attachment 29089 View attachment 29090
he is absolutely beautiful!! We have 2 basset hound puppies Orion and Vega! He looks 100% basset to me!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts