Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is Harvey. He is short like a Basset Hound, his ears are medium length. He has the traditional Howl.

** In the pics he has Cherry Eye :(

·
Registered
761 Posts
I see a lot of beagle in him too. With the ears and the face. He also looks a little taller than most basset hounds. But he's still a cutie!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I do believe he's a mix....he's like my Blizzard, Beagle head, Basset body, but I think my girl was mixed with a 13" beagle..she is on the small side! He's a cutie!

·
Registered
878 Posts
PS: Does Harvey have a Cherry Eye? I may be wrong, but it looks like my Lottie's eye before she had an operation to stitch it back inside!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
The thing is, he could be a pure bred basset hound folks,even with the longer legs and shorter ears.When bassets are young only someone who knows what they are really looking for can see the difference,such as ,the ears should be set below the eyes and look as if they are coming off the neck when in repose(relaxed).Legs could be a little more difficult just because puppies are puppies and they all look short at that age. Do you have any registration papers for him. That doesn't mean he isn't mixed but it is possible his reg.parents look just like him. It all comes down to his breeder's qualities,the people who owned the parents.

·
Registered
878 Posts
ok old post I didn't look either.
Old post or not, it's nice to know how Bassets (or Springbatts ?) are getting on because the topics seem 'unfinished' when the OP doesn't come back after asking a question or whatever?

Harveymom, how is Harvey getting on and have you any recent pics of him please?

·
Registered
456 Posts
My little Princess Bella, is a Bagle Hound, please see my avatar, but she is just like a small Basset with Beagle colouring, she only weighs in at 15 kilos but she's only a year old so she still might grow a bit.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Oh he is really adorable. I think he is most certainly a beagle. Crossed with some basset in him. Based how how his ears are set, and his head. But the legs long as they are..the actual feet resemble a basset. His whole body is long like a basset. But the ears are shorter like a beagle. So I think most definitely his is a beagle basset mix. You have the best of both worlds there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts