Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This morning there is an ad advertising puppymill dogs on the board ("the place to find your next best friend")- and this past week there was a post under the "I can't anymore... " thread (post #61) using language I've never seen here before.

Is anyone moderating this board? Don't we have a button to report offensive posts?

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I agree! Its been a little odd this last week... I wasn't sure how often are new moderator checks the board.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I wondered that as well. I emailed the Administrator quite some time ago with a question and never got an answer......

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bump

I really want to know- I sent this question to the board administrator and didn't get an answer- is anybody out there?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I asked the administrator to remove the *obvious* puppy mill posting (havanese?), and I do think the Oscar post should have been terminated after the OP attacked someone who was trying to help her out. Same question...administrator..hello???:mad:

·
Administrator
205 Posts
Yes there is a moderator for this site. Me. :) And yes, I do check this site on a daily basis and 99% of the spam that is reported is taken care of the next day (unless it's a weekend).

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Ok and what about threads that get out of hand...?

~Heather

·
Registered
972 Posts
Yes there is a moderator for this site. Me. :) And yes, I do check this site on a daily basis and 99% of the spam that is reported is taken care of the next day (unless it's a weekend).
if you check it every day then why has the puppy mill post been up for so long? and why did that other thread get to keep going until it got nasty? ...just a friendly asking! : )

·
Registered
297 Posts
Hmm... perhaps because a great deal of us were at BHCA Nationals where there aren't exactly computers every ten feet to check. It's always easy to blame someone else but one person can only do so much. Give the person a break ok. If you all want to help why not volunteer to be moderators as well? I can tell you from another board I moderate... it's not always easy keeping the spammers out. Some nights it took me hours to check into everyone applying for membership on our other forum.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Hmm... perhaps because a great deal of us were at BHCA Nationals where there aren't exactly computers every ten feet to check. It's always easy to blame someone else but one person can only do so much. Give the person a break ok. If you all want to help why not volunteer to be moderators as well? I can tell you from another board I moderate... it's not always easy keeping the spammers out. Some nights it took me hours to check into everyone applying for membership on our other forum.

I Used to help moderate a forum. If i was unable to catch a spammer or inappropriate post, though, i'd just own up to it. I wouldn't claim i check it every day etc etc. My point is, if you didn't get to it, it's no skin off my nose, but don't say you check things every day. If this person really did all the checking they should have, and claimed to, then it would have been caught and fixed way sooner than two weeks later. Maybe she logs in every day, and maybe she checks the new registrants, but maybe she didn't get to check the board...whatever, just say so.
*shrug*
Not trying to offend anyone obviously, just saying the facts speak for themselves.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Sorry I didn't mean to come on so strong but I can tell you I honestly wouldn't have the time to go over every single post and thread every single day. That's all I'm saying... it's a little more difficult sometimes when you don't have a whole lot of free time every day. Perhaps she just has been a bit busy lately.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Sorry I didn't mean to come on so strong but I can tell you I honestly wouldn't have the time to go over every single post and thread every single day. That's all I'm saying... it's a little more difficult sometimes when you don't have a whole lot of free time every day. Perhaps she just has been a bit busy lately.
oh gosh no problem. I just meant she shouldn't say she did if she couldn't get to it *lol*
i was being a brat : ) i do that...hehe

it makes me cute, right? lol

and i wouldn't have time either. heck when i moderated a forum it was like ten years ago and i was single and the internet was my life. I kind of have a life now so i do get it, for sure! LOL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts