Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI
Brandy vomited Tuesday night and has irritated her throat. I think one of the neighbors threw something over the fense and she ate it along with some leaves. She hasn't vomited sense and other than her voice is raw when she tried barking she seems fine. I was wondering if any one knew of something that would sooth her throat. I gave her some milk something I usually don't give her and some gas x in case her stomach was still sour. Her throat was irritated after her surgery last May and then again in July when we did her dental the vets never offered anything for it, so just wondering if anyone has any ideas.

Thank you

Stephanie

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
HI
Brandy vomited Tuesday night and has irritated her throat. I think one of the neighbors threw something over the fense and she ate it along with some leaves. She hasn't vomited sense and other than her voice is raw when she tried barking she seems fine. I was wondering if any one knew of something that would sooth her throat. I gave her some milk something I usually don't give her and some gas x in case her stomach was still sour. Her throat was irritated after her surgery last May and then again in July when we did her dental the vets never offered anything for it, so just wondering if anyone has any ideas.

HI,
I'd run her to the vet's for a look--could be that she's got something stuck in her throat--like a small piece of bone.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
HI

Thank you

Stephanie[/b]

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi
Just an update she has recovered her voise and not coughing. I had checked her throat for any foreign objects. She will let me do anything to her. We have an appointment with her oncologist in January so she can check to make sure the cancer hasn't spread. Our last appointment was in Sept and all was fine, but I know how quickly cancer can take hold. The hospital she goes to has an emergency clinic so I can take her there any time if needed. I have lost faith in our regular vets knowing anything and I told the oncologist if she would see Brandy I preferred it and she agreed to see Brandy any time. If Brandy was still haveing problems with her throat I would be taking her there today, but she seems back to her normal whinny self. her throat was irritated after her surgery and her dental from the tubes down her throat so I think her throat is very sensitive.

Stephanie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts