Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!
Just wanted to introduce ourselves. I'm Bernie's Mom, Kay. I signed up in December and have been looking around when I get the chance and just haven't had an opportunity to say, "hi".

Bernie is our third Basset. Our last one, Byron, died about 7 years ago from cancer. He was 10 years old and my sidekick. We have missed him so much! We kind of switched gears and had a great dane until this past december when we also lost him to cancer. We had decided a while back that our next fur kid would be another Basset so it was an easy decision and Bernie was my Christmas present. Oooooh, how we have missed the basset hound ways!! He immediately won our hearts and are soooo happy with him. He is 5 1/2 months old now and an absolute rotten goofy mess! and we love it! :D

Heeeere's Bernie!

At 7 1/2 weeks old

Ready to pounce!

Funny face!

Who me?

It's mine and if you try it again you will draw back a nub.

Look deeply into my eyes and when I click my nails you will feed me all the sweetart jelly beans I want.

OK, so I couldn't pick just one picture. :rolleyes: lol
I'm a proud parent and just couldn't help myself. ;)

·
Registered
616 Posts
He is so CUTE!!! He has such an expressive face and eyes! Welcome to the boards. We're all a bunch of proud parents around here and LOVE to show off our furry kids.

·
Registered
761 Posts
He is definitely a cutie! I love the expressive faces that bassets have. I especially like the "Who me?" picture. Mine give me that look all the time! Welcome to the board! Aroos of welcome from Doppler and Virga.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Hiya. I'm new too so not really the best ambassador (is ambassador a mixed breed american bulldog, basset, and labrador? this stuff keeps me awake at night... anywho...) but welcome! There's neat people and hounds alike on this thing. Where is corner al? My people go to alabama for vacation every year. Also one of their previous hounds came from BHRA!
~ The "E"

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the warm welcomes!!

Where is corner al? My people go to alabama for vacation every year. Also one of their previous hounds came from BHRA!
~ The "E"
Cool! Corner is about 20 miles north of Birmingham. It's a very small town. Actually I don't think you can even really consider it a town since it doesn't have a post office. lol More like a wide spot in the road.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What great pictures!

Chuck & his Mom
Thank you! Believe me, they were not easily gotten and had to take a whole bunch of them to get a few good ones. Every time he sees me pick up the camera and point it at him he either lunges at it or he turns his head and cuts his eyes at me. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Bernie is a handsome basset boy! My Bentley didn't like getting his pictures taken either......thank goodness for digital.......I had lots of side of head shots or basset in motion blur. When he got older he was to lazy to move so he would just turn his head away :D

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Welcome Kay and Bernie! Bernie is certainly a handsome guy. Ever since we got Molly, I can't imagine not having a Basset around. I don't know how you went Basset-less for so long ;)

I agree, such an expressive face! Molly makes a lot of the same faces and I swear sometimes she smiles at me. LOL.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't know how you went Basset-less for so long ;)
It wasn't easy, that's for sure!
Remy, the great dane, was a Christmas present when our other basset, Byron, was sick with cancer. Once Byron was gone that left us with Remy and his sister Fidget (min. dachshund). We decided to just stick with 2 dogs for a while, especially since Remy was 180 pounds :eek: and was like living with another person and the only other dog he liked was Fidget.

We lost Fidget last April, she was 16 years old and then Remy in December. Our pets are our kids, so an empty house just wasn't an option.

I started sending my hubby pics of basset puppies (which are the cutest ever!) and youtube videos of bassets howling and that was pretty much all it took. ;) Yes, I know, I'm shameless. :D

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Then the question becomes is she smiling at me or laughing at me for letting her get away with things!? LOL

I think Bernie has a perpetual "concerned" look. I'm not too sure he knows how to smile. lol Although I am pretty sure he his laughing at me on the inside.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Welcome, Bernie, and love, love the pics!!

Worm is my basset who is a couple months older than Bernie.
We think it is hilarious that you had this huge, huge great dane (what a picture!), and it's best friend is the tiny dachshund. We can see Fidget in the background.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We think it is hilarious that you had this huge, huge great dane (what a picture!), and it's best friend is the tiny dachshund. We can see Fidget in the background.
They were hilarious together! Fidget would put him in his place one minute like she just barely tolerated him and then curl up next to him the next. She may have been tiny but she was definitely the alpha. lol

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Hello.Love your pictures.Isn't it funny how the little dogs are always the boss.My basset takes my Pitbull.Shes getting better but just this morning she had to get after him loudly!!!!Ok geez I'll get up!!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Then the question becomes is she smiling at me or laughing at me for letting her get away with things!? LOL
Exactly! LOL
When I was working in my room, Carlos peeped to see if I would react or not. After he knew he was being ignored, he pointed his butt to my direction and farted. Then he looked at me with his cheeky face. I'm starting to believe that it was not a coincidence because it happened twice! :eek:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts