Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I'm a new member and would like to introduce my little darling Poppy... She's 8 months old and already has her own mind (like you all need telling that!!)

I'm a first time Bassett owner... Can anybody give me some tips?

Jaimie
xx

·
Registered
360 Posts
Keep her busy! :lol: Love her ...play with her ...TRAIN HER! Keep her ears clean. And come right to this website at the first sign of trouble and we'll help you though it ;) There's gonna be some ...

Congratulations and welcome!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Faysie!! :lol: Train her!! You're kidding, right?? :blink: For all her little quirks, I just love her more and more.. I think this is the start of a long life with Bassett's!!

xx

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all! I'm a new member and would like to introduce my little darling Poppy... She's 8 months old and already has her own mind (like you all need telling that!!)

I'm a first time Bassett owner... Can anybody give me some tips?

Jaimie
xx[/b]
That is one wonderful puppy by the looks of her photo. Be careful with the raw hides. they can choke so easily when they get them too soft. Let her have it for short intervals and then take it away untill it gets rawhidey again. They are great for thier teeth that way. I would love to see more pictures of your Poppy as she grows. Debbie [known here as Dewlap]

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Debbie, thanks so much for the info.. I've heard that before (from my vet!) so she only has them whilst we are with her.. She hates it when we take them away from her.. As if to say "aww Mum it took me ages to get it that soft!!!"... :unsure: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
360 Posts
I buy the rawhide chips (squares) from Target and sort out the smaller, thin ones to give the dogs. I pitch the bigger thick ones in the trash. I watch them carefully when I give them. We've not had a problem but I have good chewers. They don't try to swallow them.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I'm don't know if you have bully sticks in Wales, but if you do they are great chewies that don't splinter (they are, um, smoked steer willies :blink: ). You just have to take them away when small enough to be swallowed whole. My dogs love them.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi
I also live in Wales and I have two Bassets.Rupert is 2 and Precious is 3 they are both rescues and are great fun to live with.
Rupert is really stubborn and naughty, Precious is much more biddable.
The only advice I can give is start as you mean to go on.
Yvonne

1 - 8 of 8 Posts