Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My husband and I have always wanted a Basset Hound puppy...on Sunday we picked up "Chuck" (my husband named him). He has got to be the funniest puppy ever. He sleeps mostly, plays for a bit and then sleeps. He "grunts" at us when he wants something and is the most affectionate little guy! He has really started to bond with our other dog (who is also less than a year old) and our 5 year old son.

Have a great day! :)
Dana

·
Registered
437 Posts
Hi Chuck and Chucks family..I myself am a new basset owner...and am loving every second of it..he (Woodrow Hayes..Woody for short) is 4 months old now and grows cuter every day....and also more loved (if that's even possible).

He looks adorable from the pict..this site has tons of great people and advise..welcome aboard...

Here's to many happy healthy years as basset parents,
Woody and his mom Kristi

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your message! That's a great picture of Woody! I'm just curious since you're pup is a little older than ours, how much does he weigh at 4 months and approximately how tall is he?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Woody goes for his neuter and check up Fri but I would guess easy 30 lbs...he had worms fairly bad early on so I think he was a little behind on weight..at his 12 wks he was 12.8lbs and at his 16 wks he was 21lbs....haven't measured his height though...just know that he is spoiled by us all...we start private training lessons here shortly (after his neutering and all his shots.).

Keep me posted with Chuck...its nice to here from you

Woody and his mom Kristi

1 - 5 of 5 Posts