Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
What a little cutie!! Basset puppies are always a hit around here...thanks for sharing the video. Makes me even more excited to get our puppy in less than 2 weeks!!

Welcome to the board, this is a great group. Everyone is very helpful and friendly. Questions and issues are always welcome and it seems that no matter what you are going through with your dog, someone else has been through it and is willing to offer some friendly advice.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Welcome to you and your so adorable pup! Congratulations on the new addition. You're in the right place if you ever have questions. Lots of very knowledgeable owners here. Good luck with your pup!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
What a cute little pup! His his name the same as your username? Welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Welcome to you and your pup. I would have had a hard time not naming him SPOT!

What is the wonderful little guy's name?

·
Registered
878 Posts
Hi Molloy and welcome to you and your gorgeous puppy. Just recently there have been a few new Basset puppy owners on here so you'll all be able to compare notes and help each other!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow this place is busy!! Thanks for all the nice messages. We've just got him and haven't given him a name yet because myself and my wife can't agree on one :) so all suggestions greatly appreciated. We will name him very soon of course before he thinks he's called 'here boy'.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
When I named Boomer (before we got him), I found a list of dog names online and I would say each one out loud until I found the one I liked. Maybe that will help. Good luck, and once again, welcome!

·
Registered
761 Posts
My husband is a meteorologist with the Air Force and when we decided to get dogs, he said we had to name them in weather terms. So we've got Doppler, as in the doppler effect. And Virga, which is rain that evaporates before it hits the ground. The ways it works out is that I choose the dogs and he names them. But hey! It works for us! You'll pick a great name though. And he'll learn it in no time! Good luck.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
ha ha... this is bringing back recent memories... Worm was called "dog" and "puppy" for 2 weeks when we first got him. couldn't decide on a name. we had a list of contenders. he was also called a different name for 3 days, before we decided it didn't take btw, Worm is his nickname (he does have a nicer name :p )

congrats on the new basset! let us know what you decide to name him and we'd love to see pics too, if u get the chance!

ps. someone told me bassets have the best names, and i agree! love boomer.
Doppler's such a cute and unique name, i was wondering how he got that name. makes me think of an ultrasound. and, I didn't know what Virga was or meant. thx for explaining.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
They say I'm "esther"
but they mostly call me sweetie, princess, beautiful, and NO!
A girl could get real confuzzed with inconsistent humans like i got...

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
No matter what you name your dog, Molloy, you'll call him something else. We recently had a whole thread going about the nicknames we have for our dogs. It was a riot...and a lot of fun!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Oh my gosh that video was so cute I had to watch it twice.....and after saying aww so many times my husband said, forget it we have enough hounds already. You'll find a name that suits him. We had many many discussions on what to name our first hound until I settled on Rosco. My husband was partial to the names Whiplash, Flip flop and Radar. My other two hounds were adults when we got them, so they stayed as Layla and Breezy (Incidently she is named after the movie Six Pack from 1982 - it's a racing moving and her previous owners had pets with NASCAR based names).

My personal favorite for a hound right now is Tug. I just think that's an adorable name for a hound.

·
Registered
437 Posts
When we got our basset puppy..we picked him out in advance...had several names we discussed..one was Diesel Ebenezer ( I work for an oil refinery and diesel hydrotreating is one of my jobs and it was near christmas). but being MAJOR Ohio State fans I decided on Woodrow Hayes (Woody Hayes) and brought the kids around to my way of thinking....but of course he goes by mama's baby Woody,,,

Your puppy is adorable and I am sure you will find the name to fit him...Best of luck to you and your family:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts