Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i talked about him for a while in here,
Research like crazy,

I met Gus in his home and at local park. The breeder let me take Gus for a short walk.
and Tomorrow, Gus will finally be in his permanent home with me.
I can't wait.. He is so healthy and such a happy go lucky kind of dog... (and very very independent).

DSC04046.jpg

DSC04060.jpg

·
Registered
878 Posts
Gustav is gorgeous and it won't be long before you won't be able to pick him up like in the first picture because he'll be far too heavy and it's not good to pick a long heavy dog up like that as it can injure them.

I hope Gustav will bring you many years of happiness and fun!

I'm feeling broody seeing all these new Basset pups and my two aren't quite two years old yet!!!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Gustav is gorgeous and it won't be long before you won't be able to pick him up like in the first picture because he'll be far too heavy and it's not good to pick a long heavy dog up like that as it can injure them.

I hope Gustav will bring you many years of happiness and fun!

I'm feeling broody seeing all these new Basset pups and my two aren't quite two years old yet!!!!
yes, I know.. The picking up at that moment was to help him go down a set of stone slab stairs that was on the park and my gf just happened to take the pic. if you see closely on the left side of the picture under my arm, you can see the hand rail there. He is already heavy now :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Oh my gosh he's so cute!!!!! I love bassets!
Enjoy him, and be prepared to laugh and cry at the same time LOL!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Congratulations and best wishes for a life long friendship with your basset! Great name choice, don't forget to tell your name story on "how did you choose your basset's name" thread! Gustav is gorgeous and he looks like GUS!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He finally here..
rambunctious and very very tiring..
His introduction to the old dog in the house went so so today. I will continue again tomorrow. I am exhausted controlling the old dog.
Gustav is doing A+ in being submissive and respectful to the old dog.

But, as I am afraid of, Gus is so used to being in his 16 pack.. he have problem with separation. He cried whenever I am not with him.. well, one problem at a time, i guess.. pheww I am beat...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts