Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I had a basset hound named Humphrey, who was a girl. She lived to be 14 years and 4 months old. She was the best dog ever. She passed away 4 years ago. I am just now ready to get back into basset hounds and want to say hello.

Here is a picture of her at about 6 years old with my cat Maya sleeping on her.

Here is a picture of Humphrey when she was 13 years old. She was the mascot of her doggy day care. Since she was too old to play in the play groups, she got to wander anywhere in the common area that she wanted. She fell asleep on Santa's fake snow.

She was mostly deaf in her last couple of years, but she never stopped loving life and she kept truckin' along. She was truly an inspiration.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well, I think she looks like she was a very special Gal!! I'm glad that you got to have such a great friend all those years and glad to see you on here with us fellow basset lovers! welcome.
Gabrielle & wittle deisel

·
Registered
775 Posts
Your girl had a very sweet face! That's a nice long life to live. My Maggie Mae (ATB) was just shy of 15 1/2 years when I lost her. I feel the same way, no dog will ever replace her. It's great when they get very old and still are full of spunk! I hope I age like that :D

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Welcome!!! Humphrey was such a beautiful and regal lady. I know you miss her very much. That first Basset always has a very special place in your heart. We lost Bubba, seven years old to cancer, and now we have Bogie, a spunky three year old. He's very different from Bubba, but a very special sweet guy.
Our son moved last August from Kenmore, NY to Helena, MT, so we got to visit the Buffalo area several times before he moved. A beautiful area and Niagra Falls is awesome. I hope you will find another special Basset to share your life.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Welcome to the group. Humphrey certianly was a lovely lady.

~Heather

·
Registered
5 Posts
Humphrey was such an adorable girl! We just got our 1st Basset in Feb, and she's keeping us busy! We walk the Whirlpool path with her alot- we live by the gorge in the Falls,-there doesn't seem to be alot of Bassets around here. If you ever want a friend for your new addition, please let me know, and I'm sure we can arrange a playdate.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Humphrey's face is beautiful.
If you are getting ready for the world of bassets again, there is an upstate/western ny basset rescue (ABC basset rescue, nybasset.org). I'm over in Rochester, NY and adopted my Bogie through the rescue. Sometime over the summer the rescue is organizing a Basset Picnic in Buffalo, where all bassets and basset lovers are encouraged to attend and have a great time. They are a blast, and the group is fun :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts