Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's kind of interesting to see how many people REPLY to a post, and how many just VIEW it. For example, on one of Steinar's posts, he had (so far) 3 replys, and 104 views!

It would be a much livelier board, if some of the 'viewers', became 'posters'. How about it, folks? :)

We have a brand new site, it's spring. let's have fun on here... 8) Whattya say??? step up and introduce yourselves and your hounds! You KNOW we're friendly...basset people are ALWAYS friendly!

Sandy and Bo

·
Registered
183 Posts
The new forum is pretty cool! I'll have to try and post more often - of course that means more time on the computer. :lol:

·
Registered
511 Posts
I was just looking, but I thought I better post after reading it. :D
I like the visitor counter. I just thought people weren't looking at my post, because I had few replies. At least now I know they are being looked at.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
LOL!! I have heard from several who want to reply- but still haven't figured out how to get back on the board! It took me awhile...

·
Registered
284 Posts
Sometimes someone has already answered or said something that you couldn't have said better so that's one reason I don't post. Another is lack of information on a subject aka nothing to say *grin*

As for Steinar I love all his pics and wording. They make my day.

Lou

·
Registered
866 Posts
Okay, I admit I'm guilty of viewing and not posting... :oops: However, I agree with what someone already said in that most everything has usually been said much better and more eloquently than I could do, and sometimes, I just have time to read and no time to post.

This is a great forum with lots of wonderful "hound" people, I guess I feel there's very little I could possibly add... :)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Guilty! Read a lot post little. I mostly read in short spurts between watching my 15mo two legged. And at a time when it is too late to post anything worth reading or anything that would make sense. Love
sleep deprivation. :D Also, many people say things better than I could and more tactful. :roll:

·
Registered
134 Posts
I don't think people give themselves enough credit (ie, people say things better than I could, don't really have anything to say). Every opinion (whether we agree with it or not) is valued and appreciated. Every story is reinforcement that we have an alternate family and friends to share our woes and worries, cheer and jeers, adventures and misadventures with. So don't sell yourself short - everyone loves hearing from everyone else.

(P.S. Maybe I should be in therapy? :roll: )

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
I look in almost every day but don't always have time to reply. Sometimes all I have time for is to take a quick look at a tantalizing topic or two (but ALWAYS Steinar's - I love his clever comments and beautiful photos). Lately we're lucky if I cook dinner, forget about finding time to sit and 'play' with my Basset-people (as my family calls this). My most active years were shortly after we got Moe when I was a stay-at-home mom. I spent several hours a day at the computer visiting this site, while Moe snoozed at my feet (or chewed ON my feet). I was a new, in-experienced Basset-mom to a wild, crazy, un-trained, pee-everywhere-but-outside, biting, destroy anything-and-everything, furniture-chewing, counter-surfing, barking, bug-eating, hole-digging, half-grown pup. I knew absolutely NOTHING about Bassets, beyond the fact that they were so darn cute! Most of my first posts were pleas for help with Moe and whatever the problem of the day was (and there were many, many, MANY of those!). Now, when I can, I try to encourage and share my personal experiences with people going through situations that we went through. Just knowing that others understood and I was not alone sometimes helped me as much as the useful advice I got from everyone here. Moe has calmed down considerably but occasionally he still surprises me and I share those moments here. I know you guys will think of your own Bassets and have a chuckle along with me...

Terry

·
Registered
662 Posts
I like the 'view' option as well... it lets me know people are at least looking if not commenting.

I try to post when I can but must admit in a new house with 3 kids and 3 dogs and 2 more adults it does get hectic sometimes ... but I try to add my 2 cents worth when I can.

:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts