Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so it probably isn't but it got you to pop in just in case!:rolleyes:

Luther has started to pick up more spelling - I now need a new code for bed, dinner, hungry, walk, breakfast, porch etc. Oh, and he is no longer afraid of his toy box. He can get his toys without human intevention. We are soooo proud.

Sammy, bless her little heart, is oblivious to most words - with one exception...look. If you say "look" she assumes that you can see a bird or cat. And she will search for ages even if she can't see one. After all, one is bound to come along.:p

So...on the boring meter I see we fit right in with everyone else!

·
Registered
157 Posts
I always called Bogie a bad scent hound because I usually saw the bunnies in the neighborhood before he picked up the scent. Then I'd point and say "Bogie! Its a bunny!" So now Bogie has figured what the word "bunny" means. Ears and tail go up, he takes a stare around, then dives the nose into the ground and starts picking up the trail. Sometimes we say "bunny" just to rile him up and get him to walk faster!

·
Registered
12,947 Posts
Luther has started to pick up more spelling
Possibly true but often what the dog cues on and what we thing the cue is are too different things. So if the dog is only responding to verbal signal try spelling the word she reacts to with you bact turned, same reaction, If not she is pick up on something esle you are doing while spelling.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Beldin knows all the important words too, like:

t - r - e - a - t
d - i - n - n - e - r
c - o - o - k - i - e
w - a - l - k

and the dreaded:

b - a - t - h
v - e - t

:)