Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I'm now being told, via Firefox, that this website isn't secure. Can you do something about this please?
Jan
FranksMum

·
Administrator
202 Posts
Hey FranksMum,

The gap in security your browser is pointing out is common on most sites, but Google/Firefox has decided to start highlighting it now. From what I know of it, it's telling you that the site is vulnerable to a MIM attack (or Man in the Middle), where someone intercepts what you are typing on the site. As far as i'm aware that is only an issue if you are using a public wifi.

All that said, we are going to be upgrading all our networks over the coming months to implement HTTPS to make our pages secure, so it'll just be a matter of time til you will no longer see that warning message. Your password is still encrypted so it's still secure.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,
Natalie

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey FranksMum,

The gap in security your browser is pointing out is common on most sites, but Google/Firefox has decided to start highlighting it now. From what I know of it, it's telling you that the site is vulnerable to a MIM attack (or Man in the Middle), where someone intercepts what you are typing on the site. As far as i'm aware that is only an issue if you are using a public wifi.

All that said, we are going to be upgrading all our networks over the coming months to implement HTTPS to make our pages secure, so it'll just be a matter of time til you will no longer see that warning message. Your password is still encrypted so it's still secure.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,
Natalie
Thank you - yes, this message only started when I last logged in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is a very common problem among low-quality hosting services. In your hosting settings, there's an item about a secure connection to the site via the https Protocol. in this case, you need to disable browser verification for a secure connection. This won't affect the security of your site since it blocks the browser on certain points. Personally, I use the Interserver hosting service and haven't encountered such problems since their technical support configured my site automatically. To save on expensive hosting services you can looking for discount coupons on InterServer Coupon Codes For May 2020 | Host Discount and thanks to high-quality services, I don't encounter such problems. The performance of your site depends on the choice of hosting service, which is why you shouldn't save money on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts