Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Oh My! I am sobbing terribly but so grateful to you for doing this for me and my Husband. I am having a very difficult time dealing with this. I can't stop crying. I feel like my child died. When does the pain get better?? I can't imagine feeling any better. I know I need professional grief help for sure. This is just so huge. She was an incredible hound. We got her at 8 weeks of age and she was 15 years old in October. I was always a stay at home full time Mommy to her. We doted on her and gave her anything she ever wanted. We were so well trained. She saw the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus 14 times in her life. Our whole Christmas tree is her in different poses, different ages. My heart is breaking. I have found some comfort in my friends. RubyDew's Mommy is an incredible friend to me. She has been a great comfort and support to me. I so appreciate all your support and love. I just hope I can see a way to deal with this. It is so hard. I loved my girl so deeply. I said to my Husband tonight "If I could've traded a year of my life and given it to her I would have". He said he would too. Please pray for my sweet baby in heaven.

A

·
0 Posts
Maggie Mae's Mom, I am so sorry for your grief. Have you visited the pet grief sites or is it too soon? I am glad you have so many pictures you can look at and memories to share about Maggie Mae. The day you chose Maggie Mae was the luckiest day of her life. From that moment on her every need was met by loving parents. She was never hungry, cold, and ALWAYS was loved. I know our hounds give us so much in return but I think it reflects on how much of us we give to them. You gave your all to Maggie Mae and in return she gave herself to you. Maggie Mae is still there in your heart if not in your arms. When you begin to feel better please share any stories you remember of Maggie Mae, we love to hear them. Please take care of yourselves. yvonne

1 - 6 of 6 Posts