Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I noticed that Lucy had something in her mouth. I went over and stuck my finger in her mouth and pulled out a dime !!!!! She must be a "magic dog"......I can't wait until she poops, hoping for $100 bills !!!!!!

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Wow, that reminds me--a common cause of zinc poisoning in dogs is swallowed pennies.

Zinc-Induced Hemolytic Anemia
In 1983, the US Government began minting pennies made of zinc wafers coated in copper rather than out of pure copper. As it is not uncommon for young animals to swallow pennies, zinc toxicity became recognized.

Other zinc sources include nuts, bolts, and zinc oxide based skin creams (such as diaper rash cream and sun screen). One may see a penny or other radio dense object of about the right size on a radiograph or there may be a known history of penny eating. It is important to rule out immune-mediated hemolysis as this is a common condition requiring specific treatment.

Clinical Signs

The clinical signs of zinc toxicosis include:

vomiting

diarrhea

red urine

icterus (yellow mucous membranes)

liver failure

kidney failure

anemia

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Oh my my...Glad you actually found the money before it was swallowed.

But yeah, keep checking for her poops, you might find that $100 bill! :D

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You remember the story when Lou went to the neighbors house and lifted $18 one dollar bills and came home and shredded it...the back yard was filled with poops with money in them! LOL!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Bertie and I were out for our morning walk shortly before Christmas when he started scrabbling about at the side of the pavement among some wet leaves. When I went to check, I saw a very wet and rather muddy £10 note there. I took it inside and dried it out and there it was, Bertie's treasure.
Of course, he spent it all on dog treats.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Lily has shredded her fair share of money, 10s 20s and 1 dollar bills. I saved the last one I'm going to add it to her scrap book

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One time when Francis was a puppy we were walking through a mall parking lot and Francis started chasing some blowing paper. It was a $20 bill and after that we found 6 more!!!! That was our lucky day. I called the police to tell them that I had found some cash in the lot but they never called me back.
I think that was the first and only time I've ever found money.

·
Registered
335 Posts
If you can find a way to get him to poop $100 bills, be sure to let us all know. :) I know I could use a little extra here and there, as long as it didn't hurt my baby Daisy! LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts