Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my name is Sally, and I have been lurking on this site for a while now since I found it. I have had Bassets for nearly 25 years now, and last January, I suddenly lost my beloved hound, Otis, whom I had for 13 years. I was devastated with the loss of Otie, and wasn't sure I could have another dog , but faced with coming home to an empty house, I realized I had to fill the empty hole in my heart. In August I got my new baby, Sherman, and he is now the new love in my life. I will try to post some pictures of him.

I have been reading the posts and would like to be a part of your "group" so be preapred to hear from me from time to time. Here is, I hope, a picture of Shermie the first week at his new house. I, of course, think he is just about the cutest litlle guy in the world, and really smart, too. He learned the doggie door in two days, and hasn't had an accident in the house since he was nine weeks old. I am so proud of him, I just had to share.....

·
Registered
465 Posts
Welcome! We can't wait to see pics of Shermie! I'm sure that with all of your years of being owned by Bassets, you will be a tremendous asset to the forum! :)

·
Registered
782 Posts
Welcome! I love that name, Sherman. All I can think of is the Sherman Tank which is a perfect description of my own Francis who is a canine battering ram. :unsure:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I picked the name Sherman because he was the biggest pup of the littler, and was I hoping for a little "tank" His official name is North Country Sherman Tank. Can someone help me with how to post pictures? I opened a picture and clicked on add attachment, and the picture never appeared. Gues I'm a little slow......

·
Registered
608 Posts
Sorry, can't help with the pics :( Been here a while and still can't do it, but want to welcome you to the forum, and when you do figure it out I'll be looking forward to seeing Sherman. :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hope I have successfully inserted a picture of Sherman. It has taken me a while to figure this out. If this works, there will be more. This one is when he was about nine weeks old. He's a little over 4 months old now. Proud mama here, but a bit computer illiterate, it seems.....
Sally and Shermie

·
Registered
465 Posts
Ohhhhhhh! I love him. That little round head is precious! :p
About posting pics. Try www.imageshack.com
for hosting. After you upload your photo from your "My Pictures" from your C drive, you can choose the format to post into the forum. I use "thumbnail image for forums" . Click on the bar, press Control C (for copy), then minimize Imageshack and go to Basset forum. Insert the copied pic by pressing Control V (to paste) Then you can type above or below the pic. Good luck!

For videos, I found that www.photobucket.com was the easiest to use. :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ohhhhhhh! I love him. That little round head is precious! :p
About posting pics. Try www.imageshack.com
for hosting. After you upload your photo from your "My Pictures" from your C drive, you can choose the format to post into the forum. I use "thumbnail image for forums" . Click on the bar, press Control C (for copy), then minimize Imageshack and go to Basset forum. Insert the copied pic by pressing Control V (to paste) Then you can type above or below the pic. Good luck!

For videos, I found that www.photobucket.com was the easiest to use. :)
[/b]
I tried imageshack to no avail. I just couldn't seem to figure it out. I was able to upload photos to Kodak Gallery, or ofoto, then managed to use the advice from a previous post by "Wayne" that I found doing a search on previous topics. Thanks for the info, Wayne...it worked!! I still can't figure out the "add this attachment" feature though. I clicked on the picture on the top of the toolbar to insert the picture.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I can see the picture, and he is adorable. Love the name Sherman, and can't wait to see more pictures.

I upload my pictures to Photobucket. I have the pictures in my computer in My Pictures. I go to Photobucket, browse and upload them from my computer to Photobucket. Then I highlight the top box with the URL right under the picture I want to post, right click on the highlighted URL and click copy. Then I come here to the forum to post, and left click on the green tree to bring up the image box and then right click and paste the URL in the image box. Then I click on the preview box to be sure I did it right. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Shermie's mom, here are my instructions in detail from this thread and hope it helps...... http://www.heatherweb.com/cyberhound/board...ic=2465&hl=

Here's what you do:

1. Find a website to host your pictures. For example http://imageshack.us/ I will use this site for instructions. I have never had a problem hosting from them.

2. Click on the "Browse" rectangle button to the right of the empty box. Be sure the "file"radial button is selected to the left of the box. It defaults to this so you shouldn't have a problem. I you want to resize your picture to fit easier within the website, leave the "resize image" button checked. If you choose not to resize your picture, it needs to be under 1.5 meg in size.

3. After you clicked on the "Browse" button, the "Choose file" box will appear where you look for the file on your computer.

4. After you find the picture you want to host, double click it and it will fill in the empty box in step 2.

5. After the empty box is filled with what you want to upload, click the "host it!" button just below that and give it a few seconds to upload.

6. After your picture has upload, you have NUMEROUS options for actually hosting the picture. Your last option is going to be "Direct link to image". Highlight that line and right click/copy.

7. Now back to your post here in the forum. After you have written whatever it is you want to write in your post, go ahead and right click/paste the line you just copied from imageshack (or whatever site you choose).

8. After you paste, place a after. For example....... And that's pretty much it. Hit the Preview button at the bottom of the post to be sure it worked and you are done.

Some individuals don't hit the preview button and end up posting 4 or 5 messages/threads that could have been avoided. When you hit preview, you see what everyone else is going to see. If it didn't work there, it won't work when you click submit for your post. It may sound hard, but it really isn't once you start doing it. Happy posting .

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you all for all the good advice on posting pictures. I was able to post a few on another thread. Now all I need to do is fine tune the technique, and upload more photos and I should be good to go. Thanks again for all the input.
Sally and Sherman

1 - 16 of 16 Posts