Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I just joined this board and wanted to say hello! I'm happy to join a place full of fellow basset addicts!

We have a male named Flash, who is black and tan with minimal white, and a female named Dot who is red on white. They are both quite the characters. I look forward to sharing "hound" stories with all of you!

14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I may as well introduce you to the hounds as well. Here are some of my favorite pics of them...

(Disclaimer-we live on a farm, and they like to go outside with us-so they may be on the dirty side in some of them)...

I guess my attachments were too big.. here is Dot:

Trying again.. Dot...

Ok.. I give up on picture posting for the night...

Attachments

·
Registered
239 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Bassets and horses, a good thing!

·
Registered
782 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. We're Beverly (human) and Francis (basset) and we live just outside Boston. Francis and I formed our domestic partnership 7 1/2 years ago. We welcome all pictures and stories about your gang.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Welcome! I owned a quarter horse for 12 years. I had to sell him because he was boarded and the people didn't do enough for his mold allergies. He was developping heaves. He is now living with a family who keep him at their home and all signs of heaves are gone. I was beyond sad to have to let him go but it was best for his health :(

Now I own 1 mutt and 1 basset hound. Both were rescued from our local pound and boy do they keep me busy!

Lou

·
Registered
484 Posts
Hi and welcome to you all.

I am Tina in Norway, the slave of 4 Bassets and 3 horses ( islandic) + lots of other critters.

I`d love to see more pics, please?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! I'm a transplanted Southerner living in South Dakota with my husband. We are empty nesters, new grandparents, and Bogie, our 1 and 1/2 year old male basset, is our fur kid who is a clown and keeps us laughing. Bogie also has the claim to fame as being the rock eater of the forum, having two surgeries one in June and one in September to remove a lodged rock from his intestine. He's like a toddler, any and everything goes in his mouth, but he's a real sweetheart.

14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome to the forum!! I'm a transplanted Southerner living in South Dakota with my husband. We are empty nesters, new grandparents, and Bogie, our 1 and 1/2 year old male basset, is our fur kid who is a clown and keeps us laughing. Bogie also has the claim to fame as being the rock eater of the forum, having two surgeries one in June and one in September to remove a lodged rock from his intestine. He's like a toddler, any and everything goes in his mouth, but he's a real sweetheart.
[/b]
Thanks for the welcome! I will try to attach pictures of Dot (our female) to this message. We will see if it works, lol!

I have had dogs all my life, and loved each and every one of them. But I never could have predicted getting addicted to any dog like I did when my fiance brought Flash home. (He says the same thing I do!). A few months later we got Dot! They are our kids, no doubt!

Louise, I know your horse situation probably broke your heart, but you did the right thing! Here is an understanding hug!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts