Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am taking Lucy in this morning to be spayed. I feel really bad for her. I know this is stupid but she is just like one of the kids and i feel really guilty not feeding her this morning and taking her to get done. I am such a softy when it comes to my dogs. I could'nt feed her per doctors orders and she is just sitting in front of my chair staring at me like i am abusing her or something.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
We all are such saps for our pups. Good luck and keep us up dated. Remember it is a short simple surgery that they have done many times. Give her big hugs and a double portion tomorrow! yvonne

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It isn't stupid at all. When I took Baby Bella the kitten in to be fixed, I drove the poor girls at the vet clinic nuts phoning every hour or so from work to see if she was alright. They kept assuring me that she was fine but until the next day when I could pick her up, I was not convinced.

By next week, Lucy probably won't even remember what happened to her and she will be back to her old self in no time. Take care, big hugs from Saskatchewan. Susan and Wilson

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I dropped Francis off at the vet's to be neutered I cried like a nut-job. I cried all day and when I picked him up I cried again from relief. They must have thought I was looney.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lucy is at the vet now and Ethel is running from one room to the other looking for her. She was sitting in front of the door to the garage just howling to beat the band. The vet said Lucy has to stay overnight which is driving my wife batty. She wants her to come home tonight. Such a soap oprea around here.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
The last time I had to leave Murray at the vets it was to have a cyst removed- really minor- I had to restrain myself from phoning every five minutes to see how he was doing. When the vet called after 3 hours to say I could come get him, I picked up on the first ring- he started laughing because he knew I was sitting next to the phone waiting for the call! Poor Ethel- you'll all have a great reunion tomorrow!!

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe you could visit. When Pearly stayed all night I got to visit at closing. It mighht have made her more anxious but it helped me a lot. yvonne

·
Registered
494 Posts
I called the vet's office several times during the day when Shyla got spayed. I actually cried after dropping her off and then after I called to check on her.

She'll be trying to run around like normal in a few days so enjoy the down time.

I have never had such a bond as strong as the one I have with Shyla. She is my life as is the way with most of us here. So what if we cry! Or spoil out mutts with love and affection. And worry constantly over them. So have a good cry and know that she will be fine!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts