Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got home tonight, they both got excited to see me like usual. They run around like crazy, and then stand by the cabinet where I keep their treats. I feed them a hand full of treats, and then I don't see them for the evening. They go outside to "fight" over the treats, and then they come in to sleep on the couch.

It has been almost 5 hours since I got home, and Dozer just now came to see me again. I gave him a good petting, and now I won't see him until bedtime.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I think it is a basset thing the other day my boyfriend left to visit a friend Monty went crazy when he left he sat outside the whole time waiting for my boyfriend to return when that time came he brought some pizza with so i took the pizza and went in the house and there was monty right behind me he totally forgot about my boyfriend and how much he missed him the moment he saw food!!!!! :rolleyes: what can i say my dogs life revolves around food!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
It's sad--we want to humanize our precious pets--but bassets are really just ANIMALS driven by FOOD-- and your AFFECTION as well!!!

·
Registered
284 Posts
what do you think the reaction would be if you didnt give them the treats? Would they 'go crazy barking' at you?

im sure so long as they've got each other, a garden to run about in and you to cater to there every need they are the happiest dogs on the planet! i think they might be using the moto - "Treat him mean keep him keen" - and its working!!!!

can we see some more video's of them going crazy soon PLEASE!?!

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
what do you think the reaction would be if you didnt give them the treats? Would they 'go crazy barking' at you?[/b]
If I don't give Moe his treats exactly when I've been trained to ;) he sits in front of the treat shelf and whines, moans, sighs, and groans until I get him one. :rolleyes: But he doesn't bark.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what do you think the reaction would be if you didnt give them the treats? Would they 'go crazy barking' at you?[/b]
If I don't feed them, Dozer slams his paw down on his bowl until it flips over.

I posted this a few months back:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts