Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Soooooooooooo (I don't think that was enough o's) adorable. :)

~Heather

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We have an update! He is now home and adjusting to his new territory... Here are some pictures to smother all of you with! =) There kinda bad photos but he hes hard to capture, bouncin around from place to place. You would think he has A.D.D LOL!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Aw, the pictures of him at home are precious. He's even cuter than he was earlier.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
He is VERY cute, and hes doing OK on his potty training, I'm being VERY consistent. My only problem is that he likes to 'mark' everywhere so when I catch him in the act, I CLAP my hands once really hard, and it scares him and I take him right out side. Anyone else have any good remedies for this?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Clapping/stomping/making loud noises in general is a good way to stop the behavior. When you take him outside, be consistent with a phrase that he can associate with going outside. Repeat the phrase gently over and over until he starts to relieve himself. Make it a phrase you'll feel comfortable using in any situation. We used "Get busy" with Stanley from day one and within a week or so he would pretty much go on command when I took him outside. Be sure to praise him gently the second he finishes with his business. Of course, being a basset, a small treat as a reward goes a long way! Most importantly, remember to stay patient. We got lucky with Stanley, he was housebroken very quickly at 5 months of age, but it still took lots of patience to get there.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I said it before and I'll say it again...so cute! Thanks for the updated photos. Have fun with the new addition to your family.

~Heather

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.