Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Princess Buttercup turned four yesterday! No major rager like her first birthday... but we had a great day (despite the scarrrrry air show with fighter jets that nearly make her want to pee her fur pants). It was filled with walks, treats, naps, and a BBQ with her pug friend Brutus. Then in celebration of four furry years.. I finally got on the computer vs. my phone and was able to make an album of my favorite PB pictures. I hope you enjoy them just as much as I enjoy all rest of the pictures on here. http://photobucket.com/PBs4 You might need a password and here it is: dontstealmyphotos

·
Registered
437 Posts
Wonderful pictures PB and you sure are a beautiful Birthday girl...many happy treats and rubs on your special day.

~your Pal,
Woody Hayes

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Happy, happy birthday, Princess Buttercup, and may you be blessed with many more!

Great pictures, too; love the flowery ones.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Melikes your pics, Princess Peanut Buttercup!!

they are all so cute-- esp the Christmas tree skirt one, all the costumes (i hear i might be a reindeer too this year... ), where'dya go camping?

ya look well-loved and well taken care of ^_^

Happy, Happy Barfday!!

(yeah, my person said no more big partees until i turn FIVE. and then when I'm TEN. that seems a long times away... ) maybe ya get a big partee next year??

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The tree skirt was hysterical. It was around the tree her first Christmas and we could NOT keep her off of it. I guess she figured we meant she just couldn't lay on it while it was UNDER the tree because she would then sneak over and grab it and run. We'd hear the rip of the velcro and find her with it in her bed. After Christmas when we were putting the tree away (yep fake someone's allergic to real ones) she snagged it out of the box! So we caved and it's hers now. We had to buy a new one for her second Christmas and every year I swear she stares at it thinking about an upgrade. :)

As for camping... she's been to Whidbey Island, Mt. St. Helens, Wallowa Lake, Silver Falls, and a friend's backyard.

I'd love to give her a party EVERY year... so fun to get all the doggies together, but darn it if it always falls right before daily doubles or in the middle of them. Waaay too busy to party. Last year I really wanted to throw a big root beer bash since she was 21 in dog years.

Thanks for peeking at 'em and yes she's well taken care of. Today she was introduced to doggie frozen yogurt... peanut butter banana anyone?

PS: We have a flower shoot every year and might even frame the Where's Waldo one.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Happy Birthday to Princess Buttercup!!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Melikes your pics, Princess Peanut Buttercup!!

they are all so cute-- esp the Christmas tree skirt one, all the costumes (i hear i might be a reindeer too this year... ), where'dya go camping?

ya look well-loved and well taken care of ^_^

Happy, Happy Barfday!!

(yeah, my person said no more big partees until i turn FIVE. and then when I'm TEN. that seems a long times away... ) maybe ya get a big partee next year??
Wworm, I saw your pictures of your birfday partee. Tiggy is having her 14th birthday party on Saturday (she is an old girl!). I think I will try the pinata filled with dog treats! That looks like fun! Any other party ideas? Below is her picture from her party a couple of years ago...

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Tiggy-- Happy Birthday!! how exciting, and that you're turning 14!

doggie pinata was very fun, and us dogs are great at opening them. no need for stick or blindfold or rope or nonsense like that. i think it cost $10 for the pinata (the worm pinata) at a party superstore.

hmmm... we also did a doggie cake, and Bowsah on this forum lent me his recipe. much easier to make than peeple cake. there are some pics on my blog of how we made it. will you have lotsa doggies there? one issue is that some dogs have dietary restrictions. i'd say that 3/4 of the dogs were able to eat my cake. i tried to use some wet food that would be generally acceptable-- we did Newman's Own organic chicken & brown rice (we have some dogs that only get to eat organic stuff... not me, i eat everything...!). then there were just bananas ('cause i like them) and yogurt for the frosting. froze it. mistake we made was that we didn't spend enuf time thawing it, tho.

other things we did.... gave out doggie bags, played doggie games. our partee had 20something dogs, and a lot of them are big retriever types who are active. the partee was outside. we made a doggie buffet w/some treats (cut up those Natural Balance sausages, carrots, milkbones, cheese cubes, froze yogurt cups into cupcake liners, also made frozen bananas that were cut in half for icy treats....).

not everyone agrees about bones for dogs, but we made beef rib bones (the huge ones from grocery store). they were a hit! came in a rack of ~15 for $15. Baked it in oven not too long. a lot of people raved about these afterwards, even those that don't give their dogs bones usually. but they really liked them because it keeps the dogs occupied, interested, and quiet (!) for 15-20 min. I'd only do it if it were outside, and if people supervise their dogs, and take it away from them when they try to eat the bone (after they pick off all the meat)...

take lotsa pics, Tiggy, and be sure to tell us all about your partee, k?
--your pal, Worm

ps. there's more pics and explanations on my blog, too, about the partee and setting up for the partee...

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Wworm, I saw your pictures of your birfday partee. Tiggy is having her 14th birthday party on Saturday (she is an old girl!). I think I will try the pinata filled with dog treats! That looks like fun! Any other party ideas? Below is her picture from her party a couple of years ago...

awww you gots the bootyful eyeliner like cousin lulu had!!! yay you!
ham-pee-burp day! axe for BACON!!!!!:D

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh my at first I wasn't sure if we were celebrating 2 (14 in dog years) or 14! Woo 14 is certainly something to party about!! Happy Birthday Tiggy! At PB's 1st birthday we played "who can leave their party hat on the longest/shortest!" Have fun at your party!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thanks for the Birthday Greetings Princess, she is such a pretty girl! I still have the same party hats from the last partee, I will try to get some pictures, and see who can keep their hats on! :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts