Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! It's been awhile since I've visitted the forums, they look new and it took me forever to remember my password. Anyways....my Charlie is now 6 months old. He's been the perfect puppy up until this past week. His crate training has gone perfect, no accidents in there, and none in the house since he was 4 mos old. Now the kicker, for the past week he has been urinating in his crate, constantly!!!! He always had no problem holding it for anywhere from 2 - 6 hours. But now he won't hold it at all. Everyday this week he has urinated in there in less than an hour after he was taken potty. I've had to bath him at least twice a day from all of his accidents. He doesn't act sick, nothing has changed with his routine. I'm just lost.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Welcome back Bashfulnbasset, Sorry can't offer any help on toilet training, but maybe he has a urinary tract infection, as this can make them do this. To be fully trained at 4months is really early for a basset I've heard others say a year or more. :) best of luck sorting it out.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Sadeyes is right about the UTI -- I think you should have a health issue ruled out by your vet. If there's nothing physically wrong, back to square one on housebreaking. Bassets love to play head games with us ;) ...........

J

·
0 Posts
I agree with the possible UTI issue. Our neighbor was having a similar problem with their goodendoole puppy and it was indeed an infection....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts