Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
This is my first time posting on this forum and I'm sure it won't be my last.
I've wanted a Bassett Hound for a long time now and one of the girls at work told me of a neighbour of hers who was hoping to find a good home for theirs as circumstances had changed and they weren't able to give him the attention he needed.

I'm picking him up tomorrow and really looking forward to it. I've met him briefly and is a big lump so it will give me a good excuse to go walking. He is 3/4 years old but isn't a thuroughbred - I would say 70% Bassett, not sure what the other mix is.

Is there anything I need to be aware of from the beginning? How often should I feed him and is there anything that generally doesn't agree with them?

Thanks, I'm sure this will be the first of many question sessions from me!

Happy New Year from Ireland.

C

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi
Thank you all so much for you advice. I was aware of the big dog on small legs after I met him the first time, he was soooo strong and nearly knocked me over!! He is really heavy as he hasn't been exercised at all - the only walks he has had are when he ran away! So first plan is to get him walking as much as possible.
I'll keep you posted on our progress.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.