Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mom, Dad and I just got back from a 1,400 mile trip in our RV to Wisconsin to see the beautiful leaves and the sights. They said I was turning into a great traveler and camping dog. This was my longest road trip yet.

I really wanted to drive, but Dad said 1 and 1/2 years was a little to young.

I got to walk out on the dock to look at Tomahawk Lake in the Northwoods area of Woodruff, Wisconsin.

Mom and I got to go on a long walk in the woods. I saw my first "black" squirrel, but he was to fast for me. We have red squirrels in South Dakota.

Here we go heading north on Hwy 51 in Northern Wisconsin. Boy, were the trees pretty.

Dad and I are on a big pier at the Apostle Islands National Lakeshore.

I'm wondering what those funny pieces of wood were sticking out of the water.

Lake Superior was sooooo big, and I was a little scared. I finally put my toes in the water.

After a busy day we took the RV back to the campground.

I was one tired Basset after all my adventures, so I curled up in the RV for a little nap.

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Great photos! Looks like a wonderful trip! :)

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Bogie, you are one lucky little hound! (when you aren't eating rocks) Those are beautiful pictures.

I know the area you were at well. I got a $110.00 speeding ticket there. :(

Sandy

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I love Bogie's freckles! :) Looks like a pretty trip. Everything is still very green here!

·
Registered
775 Posts
Wow Bogie!! What a fun adventure you had!! I'm so glad your Mom shared the pictures with us. Maybe someday you can get in that RV and come to visit us in Florida!! I love Bogie's freckles and his velvety ears!!!!! TOO cute!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Bogie, it looks like you had a great time. Jackie wishes her owners would buy an RV and take her camping! Beautiful fall pictures!

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
"Bogie, what lovely pictures you sent for us to see. Nice to see your mommy and daddy too. I didn't like our RV so we sold it. Mommy didn't like it either because it cost to much in repairs. It was too noisy and bouncy and when the air conditioning broke in South Carolina when it was 105 degrees....mommy said we'd get rid of it. I did 2600 miles from Florida to California in the back of mommy's Subaru!

Mooooooo,
Ruby"

·
Registered
782 Posts
Thanks for sharing the pictures of your trip. You looked like you were having a lovely time, I'm jealous!

·
Registered
813 Posts
Perfectly lovely! I love Lake Superior, and George wants me to pass a message to Bogie:

"Tell my mom WE need an RV so I can go along on camping trips and not get left at home with mommy's brother to babysit!"

·
Registered
20 Posts
wow great pics....Bogie rocks!!

Can't believe that is a lake...makes our lakes here in the UK look a bit rubbish and small :)

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lennon, here is some info on Lake Superior. It is an awesome sight to see almost like looking aross the ocean. Beautiful little towns around it and lots of lighthouses to explore.

Lake Superior is the largest freshwater lake in the world, 31,820 sq mi (82,414 sq km), 350 mi (563 km) long and 160 mi (257 km) at its greatest width, bordered on the W by NE Minnesota, on the N and E by Ontario, Canada, and on the S by NW Michigan and NW Wisconsin; largest, highest, and deepest of the Great Lakes, having a surface elevation of 602 ft (183 m) and a maximum depth of 1,302 ft (397 m).

·
Registered
608 Posts
Beautiful pics and relieved to hear that Bogie didn't bring any rocks back with him as a souvenier of the trip. :)

So glad you put that info up on Lake Superior, as I was about to tell Lenon not to include Scotland in that remark about the ones in the UK being small, as Loch Fyne is a WHOLE 42 FEET long. Would have felt a proper idiot :rolleyes:

·
Registered
20 Posts
WOW!!! That is some lake....Will have to take Lennon to see it one day.....

Bet they don't have monsters like the one's in Scotland do though :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts