Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 3 year old female that is generally energetic around food and when outside. We have been in Florida for the last week and she has gotten progressively lethargic, shakes, and her breathing is more rapid. Her drinking and urination seem to be good. Her appetite is less than, but usually happens when we aren't home. Her stool is loose but formed. Anybody have any ideas?

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
There are lots of 'bugs' around for dogs to pick up. Shaking indicates pain. On balance we can really only guess what's going on so I'm afraid you'll need to find a vet. If you can collect some of her stool to take with you for testing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
shaking is usualy imho a sign of infection of some sort however mine usualy fights it off , it is not uncommon in bassets as they constantly can pick up ear infections and the like and can also be prone to skin problems alergys list goes on sadly..however i would recomend start by illiminate the simple obvious first clean ears and give a good brand over the counter ear drop for dog ear infections for however many days it states to do so. The give him a wash and or shave any areas if needed to check ie if you have found any spots sores etc and apply a CHLOEXYDERM TYPE SHAMPOO then check his teeth get a good look inside any decay or swelling..i recomend to brush there teeth regular etc..check his paws any cuts thorns etc all these are the 101 basics to check as often it can be something simple or even if it is not these things will keep even more serious conditions from developing or at least get them under control until you can get vetinary help...however sounds lot like some kind of infection to me...also if nose if dry and hot or warm is also sign also they are like humans i lots of ways ie they get hot and get temperature like we do when we get an infection so feel around any area of body or ears etc hot?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts