Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of you know, I have Daisy the westie and Toby, each having two very different personalities.

She was a rescue who was ill-treated and still bears some scars :( She doesn't adapt well to change and gets fearful,so I guess she would say.......Help something is different here I must be in danger!!!!!

Toby on the other hand is one big self-centred hound. If he doesn't want attention he sighs, groans and turns away unless he happens to be in the mood. When he is off lead in the park, if he decides to smell a blade of grass for 10minutes, no ammount of shouting will get him to move.He just looks at you, grunts, and then carries right on with what he was doing. So I guess he would chose more of an expression than a sentence........."Bugger Off!!!!"( or maybe something stronger :rolleyes:.)

·
Registered
12,943 Posts
Macey = Cross between a bull moose and a water buffalo "commin' through" as she puts her head down and plows forward moving anything or anyone bocking her path out of the way. Rude but effective.

Fischer the harrier, Hey! What? Hun? - he tends to be a bit confused

Mariah ,very easy, "Don't touch me"

Bandit the beagle "more food, Now!"

ATB Toughynutter "Woa is me" always the worrier, seem to carry the burdens of the world on his shoulder.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Molly says, "Hi there! Aren't I cute? Aren't you going to come over and pet me?"

Stryker the Lab says, "Where ya goin'? Where's the food? Where's the stick? Stick, stick, dig, dig, stick."

That was fun! Take care, Belinda.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Our princess Lily- "It's all about me"

Gibbs our old acting man- "Is it time for bed yet?"

~Heather

·
Registered
511 Posts
With the trouble that both of mine get into, they would only have one sentence to say:
"Now if we just had a cat to blame this on, we'd be in the clear!"

·
Registered
465 Posts
Button: "Yes, I'll have the 16 oz. prime rib, stuffed potato and carrots, lots and lots of carrots!"

Elmer: "One case of Yoplait Whips, assorted flavors, please! Mostly lime!"

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Bella--"Change the light bulb? Eat the light bulb? Let me at it--I'll do it" (she's a strange little hound, but enthusiastic)
Pearl--Everything here is mine, because I am very, very good and you're not"

·
Registered
782 Posts
With Francis it would be: "Are we going for a ride? Can we go for a ride? Car? Ride? C'mon, let's go for a ride!!!"

·
Registered
52 Posts
Jake: "Gimme a belly rub!"

Harvey Hound: "Surely it MUST be dinner time...?"

:lol:

Love it!!!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Dixie would say "ME ME ME ME ...Look at me! ....Here I am ...pet ME ...I'm cuter ...just watch ...see ...look at me I'm CUUUUTE"!!

Belly would say "Huh? ..."

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Sami- Don't even think of walking towards my food dish!
Jake- I'm the special boy... Take me to McDonalds!
Cuddy- I'm just a baby, momma... I didn't mean to eat the basement stairs!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Molly - " Oh boy not another walk let me chill......... Oh whats for tea" :(

Or

"im over here everyone look at me "

Normal Basset behaviour!! :p

·
Registered
72 Posts
Turbo would probably say, "Ok theres the cat, if I sneak really slowly maybe she won't see me."

She constantly stocks the cat it is so funny, because the cat is now afraid to walk into a room with out creeping in and if you say "Turbo" around the cat she bolts, they have a strange relationship

·
Registered
799 Posts
Lucy: "It was the Dachsies!"

·
Registered
73 Posts
Rebel: "All the food in the world belongs to me."

Joey: "Are you going to eat that, huh, huh, huh, are you?"

Dash(Border Terrier): "Throw the ballthrowtheballthrowtheballthrowtheballthrowtheballthrowtheballthrowtheballthrowtheballthrow the ballthrowtheballthrowtheballthrowtheballthrowtheballthrowtheballthrowtheballthrowtheball. . . . . . . . . .

1 - 20 of 24 Posts