Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
during the night... please wake up and turn on the light... or you might get a terrible fright! The dogs were restless last night... Samantha was up and down and out the doggy door numerous times... Cuddy- asleep under a goose down comforter awakend with an ear splitting bay... beautiful sounds but not in the middle of night! About 2am I hear the most noisome crunching sounds next to my side of the bed... I reach down to take away whatever Samantha is snacking on... but wait...is it a biscuit... dog food... laundry basket...frozen poohsickle... it feels really odd! With trembling hand I turn on my bedside light to find a dead bird... and feathers frothing all about the bed!!! Needless to say I shrieked and my poor husband had to clean up... Samantha was most distressed that I would not allow her in our bed for a cuddle... AAck!!!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
That is so gross. My dogs brought in a dead bird over the summer. My husband was playing in an out of town softball tournament...I called him screaming. He thought the worst of course. I literally covered it with a paper towel and stayed in the back of the house (with a few trips through the living room when absolutely necessary) with the dogs for 10 hours until he got home. I was so freaked out and discusted (I'm probably a drama queen though when it comes to "icky" things).

~Heather

·
Registered
773 Posts
Around here, the dogs are not the problem. But the cats are another story. Not long ago, Libby woke me up pounding around the floor of my room at 2:30 a.m. I turned on the light to see her with a fat, brown mouse in her mouth. Eeek! She dropped it and it shot under the bureau, I locked the cat out of my room and sat there trying to decided what to do: turn off the light and try to get back to sleep, knowing there's a mouse somewhere in the room, or give up the ghost and go downstairs. Just then, the little mouse ran out from under the bureau and made a bee-line for my bedside table. Decision made!! I grabbed my pillow and a blanket and slept on the couch! The bassets slept through the whole thing :huh: .....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts