Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gracie sleeps in our bed with us. This morning my husband is leaving for work at 5am and accidently wakes Gracie up while he was saying goodbye to me. Well, since she was already awake he made a big fuss over her and got her all excited. I felt a wet spot on the bed where she was laying. It was just a teeny tiny little pee spot. He said,"Maybe she leaked? Well, I'm late I have to go." She laid down on the bed and watched him leave. Then she got up and I noticed a HUGE pee spot under her. She actually looked surprised to see it herself. I had been watching her the whole time and she never did the pee squat. So I guess she really had to go and had an accident while she was so excited? Anyway so 5am I'm up cleaing up a pee pee mess. Then we go back to sleep.

An hour or so later my 3yr old son comes and gets into bed with us. An hour after that it's 7am and I wake up feeling wet on my back. MORE PEE! UGH! It was a LOT and it was on my blanket and everything. I was so upset I banished Gracie to the backyard so I could clean it up. When I pulled the covers off I noticed that it wasn't Gracie who had peed. It was my son! He's nearing the end of his potty training and was starting to sleep in his underwear.
Sigh, if it's not one it's the other.
Maybe one day I will laugh about all this....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
very common with puppies when the first wake up. SOP is get the puppy out the door as quickly as possible when the first awaken.
Yeah, normally we do. And she's actually gained a little more control over her bladder. She used to pee the second she woke up. So we had to be quick. Now she can hold it for a minute or two. That's why I was very surprised. Plus she doesn't pee on our bed. But, she normally doesn't wake up when he's leaving. It makes sense that she had a full bladder and was very excited. It just wasn't very much fun to be up at 5am cleaning it up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.