Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
any recomendations on kibble? or raw? just wondering if any1 tried it and what if anything worked...my basset has itchy skin i think after looking into it it is the demodemex mange due to poor immune system i have tried drops diatomaceous earth and im now trying tea tree concoctions and apple cider vinegar etc etc but would rather stop it at source by upgradeing his food vet just gives steroids and or stuff that i dont like as it will over time dammage his liver , any help appreciated:)

·
Registered
12,830 Posts
Vet just gives steroids and or stuff
steroid does not boost the immune system It does just the opposite. It weakens the immune system> Most skin problems like allergies ans such are the result of an overactive immune system not under. So be for spending time trying to boast immune system make sure that is what you want to actual want to do. The use of steroids is counter indicated in cases of Demodectic Mange, that is any steroid use should be stopped. Find it rather hard to believe a vet would prescribe a steroid if the believe the dog had Demodectic Mange

see What Is Demodectic Mange in Dogs?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts