Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very excited to do the Christmas card exchange for the first time! Jackie cannot understand what the fuss is about but anything that involves treats is ok with her. I was wondering if some of you would be kind enough to give me some ideas for a good Christmas card pose or setting idea. I live in North Carolina so any snow shots are pretty much out of the question. I'm just having a rough time thinking of a setting or theme. If anyone can post their pictures from last year...that would be most wonderful. :D

Thanks for the ideas! :p

·
Registered
1,494 Posts

Here are two pictures of Bubba, who is now at the bridge, that were used for Christmas cards. It doesn't have to be a Christmas theme either. We got a card from a forum member that was made on vacation at the beach that was a beautiful card, Bassets on boats, etc. We've had just hounds on cards, kids and hounds, whole family with hounds, etc. Some cards were made at home on the computer, some were hand made, some were photo cards like those you get at photo processing places, but they were all so much fun to get.
Not sure what Bogie's will be, his first year with us at Christmas. He may be at the same spot with the same decorations as Bubba. Just enjoy each and every one and have fun getting all of them.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Ernest the puppy is getting wrapped in lights, which he prefers to tinsel, which he is not fond of. Then again, I could put a wreath around his head.

Nah, lights (the ones that are battery powered) will be fine.

lala

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Actual poses are good, if your hound is willing to sit for a photo (Walmart can take your photo and make cards very affordably). One year I managed to get antlers on Moe for a photo but he was very obviously NOT happy about it. Another time I tried to put a Santa hat on him but he kept trying to eat it - I settled for a shot of him and Tally standing near my pointsettias (he wasn't really helpful for that pose either - I just waited for him to stand still, put a poinsettia near him and quickly took the shot.) Tally wasn't easy either - she goes belly-up and pees when I try to pose her but she will sometimes stay where I put her. Some people are quite clever with computers and embellishing photos, and they manage to insert things onto thier dogs that would otherwise be impossible. Some cards are completely handmade or photocopies of hounds on paper folded into a card. Still others are the store-bought type (some with Basset themes, some just ordinary holiday cards), some with photos, some not. There are very elaborate cards and also very simple cards. They are ALL unique. And whatever the type of card, they are a joy to recieve. I'm sure you'll come up with something that suits you...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts